Ditched the Mustang

MrMeanGreen

Today was kinda bittersweet. I have always been a huge fan of the 60's Mustangs and loved this new body style when it came out. I wish Ford would have done a better job on the Customer Service side of things and been completely honest with us. If not for Jordan helping along the way when he could, I would have probably killed someone. ;)

I hope that they find a fix for these problems. I am on a Mustang forum and have posted quite a bit of information about the problems we have had with the car, and have received several PM's from people that have been put through the same or worse from Ford's incredibly crappy customer service.

On a brighter note, I have wanted a newer truck for a while and since this ended up being the perfect time to pull the trigger on it here are pics the dealership had taken. We haven't had a chance to grab any pictures of it yet.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/Newtruck.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/newtruck1.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now there's reports of Ford scanning the cars, and upon finding the owner used "Race Mode", voiding the warranty.

Pretty much the same scenerio as using the launch control on the GTR's. Pretty sure Nissan kills the warranty if you use it.

It does not sound like you abused the trans in your car. With that being the case I do not see why ford did not address it. I have friend in Dayton who works for GM and says yay or nay on questionable warranty claims. If they believe the car is "abused" they will cancel the warranty.

So what is abuse? Spirited shifting without barking the tires? I would not call it abuse. Now if you have Brian doing a burnout after side stepping the clutch at 6k followed by a pass powershifting and never letting off the gas. I would call that abuse and call it a voided warranty. I would think these computers are smart enough to see a burnout. No spinning of the front tires along with a sudden increase in tranny speed from the engine being over reved.

Guess I steered a bit off topic regarding your situation Anthony. Sounds like you had a lemon to begin with. It is unfortunate not every situation is the same. You have yours where ford refuses to take care of it. On the other hand we have members on this forum who have gotten their trannies replaced under warranty after pounding the shit out of them over and over again.

Brian, I agree with you. Ricart said they replaced the tranny in an '11 GT doing the same thing. They can probably tell Ford to deal with it, because they're Ricart.

I will admit, I'm still open to a Terminator car within the next few years. No warranty issues to deal with and they like to make power.

Brian, I agree with you. Ricart said they replaced the tranny in an '11 GT doing the same thing. They can probably tell Ford to deal with it, because they're Ricart.

I will admit, I'm still open to a Terminator car within the next few years. No warranty issues to deal with and they like to make power.

That is one of the great things of you racing your 98 car compared to doing a new Camaro. Not feeling guilty about killing a warranty on a brand new car.

I should have made a video of "test drive" on the mystic upgrading to a TR 3650. The car made it about a 100 yards from the lift and then I proceeded to try and break it. Best part about it is I did not have to worry about a warranty.

Sucks to hear, but glad your back in a vehicle you like. Personally, I had never owned an America car before my GTO and after the wonderful experience with that car and now with the LS1 in my Mazda I can say that if I every buy an American car again it will be a GM product.

It's reasons like this that I haven't bought another American auto product in several years. It seems everyone I know has had some kind of issue with a "NEW" Ford, GM, etc. and the company isn't standing behind the product.

In the last two years I have come very close to buying a Raptor, F150 Limited, and now a '13 GT500 but everytime I go to a dealer to look and drive them I just can't do it. There are so many things I just don't like and can't stand about them. Not to mention the dealership STAFF completely wreck the entire experience... :mad:

Edited by Got-Busa?

Always loved Ford trucks since dad has had a few and they've always done him well. That being said since trading my 97 Dakota for the 78 K10 I've fallen in love with it and since grown fond of my brothers 2001 GMC Sierra.

Obviously not the same as the cars mentioned here but I no longer look at GMs as I once did.

Glad you guys got what you wanted in the end. :)

Good luck with truck. I read all the replies though and still not sure what happened with the Stang. If I read it correctly the transmission had a problem from day one? Ford wont fix or replace it? What reasons given?Now I am guessing the dealer is now going to turn around and sell it to someone else?

Maybe Ford is brushing the problem under the rug with transmissions because they don't have a strong enough replacement for them lol. Just curious, you going to try to get back into a GTO or something similar again? Either way, that is a sharp looking truck you have now.

You'll be surprised where most of the parts from gm come from... Well for there performance line up such as the corvette.. I like gm because there cookie cutter engines and 90% of the mechinal jobs need to be done you can do with your average John Doe tool box.. Gm vehicles don't need special tools to work on them.. As you was saying about the warranty... Any new vehicle caught at the drag strip and said company finds out.. It's voided.. Ford just got smart and installed software to help them screw people over.. Kinda like that snap shot from progressive

This is the other reason i drive gm. Shortly after nissan did this same thing to gtr owners when they broke their trannies using the launch control, chevy put a launch control system in the vette, and strait out said it would not void the warranty or they wouldnt have put it on the car.

Really won't have these type issues with GM. Abuse was obvious on the Camaro I rebuilt the engine in a few weeks ago, GM said fix it. The only time I have seen warranty claims denied was when a certain Vette showed up on racing slicks, and when a car had a salvage title. You have to scan and take screenshots of the computer programming on a GM and e-mail it to technical assistance to see if its been modified, and thats only required if its a V8 or deisel.

Glad you guys got away from the Mustang, you're being upset about it was getting old so I'm glad you can move past it now. Congrats.

Maybe Ford is brushing the problem under the rug with transmissions because they don't have a strong enough replacement for them lol. Just curious, you going to try to get back into a GTO or something similar again? Either way, that is a sharp looking truck you have now.

They use the TR-6060 on the GT500, so they have a good enough replacement. Just too cheap to put a decent transmission in the car in the first place.

I had the same mt82 issues with my 2011 v6. It was my first manual car so I assumed I just sucked at driving a stick. Then I read about all the issues on some Mustang forums. Sold that car and got a 2011 GT auto. No more shifting problems. :)

They use the TR-6060 on the GT500, so they have a good enough replacement. Just too cheap to put a decent transmission in the car in the first place.

Ahhh, I didn't know they used a different trans in the GT500. I thought I've heard they were having trans issues too though.

Ahhh, I didn't know they used a different trans in the GT500. I thought I've heard they were having trans issues too though.

Kirk had a clutch issue on his '13, but that's a different clutch than what was used before. Supposed to handle the extra grunt of the 5.8. His was taken care of though, as it should have been.