Electrical issue

blue98ls1

I think I figured out why whoever had the Silverado we just picked up traded it in. It seems to have a weird electrical glitch somewhere in the system.

Yesterday I got in the truck and while driving down the road the heated mirror switch came on. Didn't really think anything about it, turned it off and all was fine.

The day we took it for a test drive the heated mirror switch was on also. I thought maybe I had hit it accidently or something along those lines. Now I realize that wasn't the case.

This morning I took my mom to work and the A/C button lit up. I turned it off and all was fine. A short time later the cruise control light came on. :confused: The cruise control did not try to set, the button just lit up.

I looked around online and saw a lot of people having issues with the cruise control coming on and setting by itself, but no mention of all of the issues combined like I'm having.

Is there anything connecting all of these things that I should look at? Whats the best way to troubleshoot something like this?

:no:

The dealer is over an hour east of Reynoldsburg. If I can avoid dragging another car out there, I would be incredibly happy. I am not exactly fond of this dealerships service manager. Or the fact everytime I had taken the Mustang out there they didn't touch it for almost a week. :fuuuu:

Need to hook up a tech II and read the codes for the Body Control Module. Remember the modules in a vehicle can set codes, but they don't have lights on the dash for all the modules.

Scott should be able to do it, I have ready access to a Tech II at the shop as well.

Haven't seen one with that issue, and a quick search of bullitens reveals nothing. Scanning it for codes like Sean said would be a good place to start, but as Buck found out recently that bringing a car in for me scan gets to be a PITA unless you are willing to pay.

I'd get the codes scanned then buy a factory service manual (not alldata/chiltons bullshit) and try and attack the problem via wiring diagrams/diagnostic trees. I buy one for every vehicle I own, they've saved me thousands of dollars/headaches.