Inspect/test-drive a car...PROFIT!

zeitgeist57

Thanks to the omnipresence of the intarbuttz, I received a call from a random gear head in Nebraska. We actually talked for 20minutes and I dug his story. Because I'm a little lazy on Sundays thanks to my religious beliefs, I asked him to email me the gist of our convos so I can help him...

Basically, he's looking to buy a Street Beasts-bodied '34 Ford, but wants someone with hot rod expire nice to check out the car and drive it to make sure it's straight, before he buys it and ships it off. http://www.cruisinclassicsinc.com/detail.aspx?id=1964810&PrefID=0&.aspx

He'll pay you for your time, and he'd like it done sometime this week. See below...I have his email and cell phone to anyone interested in helping him out. thanks, CR!:thumbup:

Dear Clay,

First thank you for taking the time to talk to me tonight. I am looking at a 34 ford at Cruisin Classics 3575 Fisher Road Columbus, OH 43228...I need some help, because of the distance from Nebraska, If you know of someone that could go over to Cruisin Classics and take the car out for a test drive and give me their opinion. My cell phone is xxxxx home phone 402-xxxxxxx....Any help would be appreciated. My folks are in poor health right now, Mom is 92 and Dad is 94 D day and the battle of the Bulge, and the timing is just wrong to make such a long trip.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Lyle

Ph: xxxxx

Fax: xxxxx.net

Then he sent me this...

Clay

Just a small note. Maybe you know of some one that knows the people at Cruisin Classics that would give their opinion on the dealership.

once again thanks

lyle

HELP A FELLOW HOTRODDER OUT!!! I would do it myself, but I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Cincy most of the week on business...

Dad talked to them today and looked over the car. Said is was one of the cleaner classics he's ever seen and well worth the price. Talked about test driving and the guy said that wouldn't be a problem at all but to do it quickly if he/his friend wanted it because he had someone from Nebraska coming in Thursday to pick it up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My Dad went last friday to look at the 34. IMO it's pretty rough for a $35k rod.

Lots of hairline cracks and sketchy wiring.

Here's an album with some pictures of said issues for those interested.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102513501581055785175/34Ford?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKq-torhyfWEcQ&feat=directlink