You're in a room with 100 boxes. 99 of them contain $100,000. 1 box will kill you.

Rustlestiltskin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so we have a meet. Everybody that attends puts in $100. We then set up 100 boxes. The person that opens the most without getting the death box wins the purse. The catch is if you hit the death box you have to add another $100 to the purse and you wont know how many boxes other people have opened until the competition is over.

Not if you are ......... Magic Johnson

True. As we all learned from the episode of South Park, Magic Johnson's treatment for HIV is liquefying money and injecting it into his bloodstream. So if it's an HIV box that is supposed to kill me, I'm opening every single one because I'm going to need that money to create my treatments.

True. As we all learned from the episode of South Park, Magic Johnson's treatment for HIV is liquefying money and injecting it into his bloodstream. So if it's an HIV box that is supposed to kill me, I'm opening every single one because I'm going to need that money to create my treatments.

Exactly.. but if its a bomb you will die

"You can't simply say that every life is infinitely valuable," said John Mueller, a political scientist at Ohio State University whose work focuses on national security and risk analysis. "That's just not the way the world operates."

So in this monetized world we live in, what's the going rate? At least in the United States, "the value of a statistical life turns out to be around $5 million," Mueller told Life's Little Mysteries. If a safety code will cost more than $5 million for every person it will save, "regulators eyes start to glaze over. They say that that is too expensive."

Each of the boxes needs more cash ... IMO ...