A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

990mike

Yes, and Switzerland also has stricter gun control policies than we do.

This

PS, you could have easily wiped out a family driving their minivan during one of your 200mph runs/crash (but didn't), much in the same way that no one here has gone on a shooting spree.

Comparing guns to cars is idiotic. Sure, they are both tools, but with completely different purposes.

When a car is used correctly, it will get you from point A to B quickly and safely.

When a gun is used correctly, it will kill whatever it was aimed at.

Funny that Japan is being brought up. Japan has very strict gun control, but as a result it also managed to pretty much eliminate gun related deaths. The Japanese, because of their culture, are more open to having strict gun laws. Their police aren't allowed to carry off duty, and they are heavily trained in martial arts, rarely using guns at all.

America doesn't have a gun problem, it has a social/cultural problem. Too many gun grabbing, apocalyptic preppers. The shooter in CT was raised by one of those people.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, well done on the re-titling. Read the post this time. Good, but unoriginal, skewed, and probably derivative. I think you should follow up on this with some of your own research, and include a bibliography, so we can look into the statistics you have posted here for ourselves.

who has m16's or m4's?

Don't be the media, those are different from what everyone has

I know a few civilians that have them, and NONE of them have any business having one-but-that’s not the issue People feel that they not only have the right to possess such/similar weapons, but the NEED. Both of those point and the arguments for them are blowing my mind right now. Keep reading

But, do you have any good reason for me NOT to have one (referring to said M16)? Im pretty sure a bullet has the same effect regardless of what it was fired from. Trying to regulate what type of firearms you should and should not have is just fucking stupid, atleast in my opinion. All I have to say is that the day someone shows up at my front door to disarm me is likely going to be the same day I die.

Yes, because a laid out M16 a few 100 round magazines can put almost 1000 rounds in a crowd of people in less than a minute. Yes, the potential to kill 1000 fucking people in a minute. How fucking stupid are you gun nuts? Seriously. Please tell me why you need such a weapon for home defense?

so once again, perhaps Obama needs to ditch his Obama Phone program and free healthcare that I'm paying for and instead focus on education.

The program started buy REAGAN you mean? Great idea, that will fix all of this, and really solidifies the validity of your viewpoint.

and how many people did you almost kill when you wrecked the colt,

you are an idiot.

Seriously can the members of CR get any more stupid?

Zero, besides myself. I never claimed that it was smart-but it risked my own ass. The only people I passed at speed were semis that would not have noticed I was there if I ended my life into the back of their trailer.

And if you take this stance, every person that has street raced, ever, is comparable to this shooter? REALLY? How in your mind is this a valid point to bring up? While we were at this peak of stupidity it-let’s take it a step further. What if I did die? Then I would be comparable to the shooter in your eyes?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63536&highlight=Kenny+dead

Well fuck Kenny too then, right? He endangered others why enjoying his hobby a bit recklessly. Is that what you want to do?

Of course not-but THAT is how stupid this argument is.

Edited by coltboostin

since the people you know own class three firearms, how many have done something illegal with them, actually how many class three firearms have been used in a crime since they were banned?

an m4 or m16 firing 1000 rounds a minute? When you say things of that nature it leads me to believe you haven't educated yourself on the subject and it is hard for me to listen to what you are saying seriously and you are just knee jerk reacting to what is going on in the news.

Serious question, what is a "laid out" m16

So I don't know what I would use for home defense, but an ar could be used just as well as a shotgun or pistol, why wouldn't I want more rounds in what I was betting my life on in a situation.

I have raced on the street and I shoot the guns everyone is demonizing. The similarities are there between both in the ways people defend, or attack either. The defenses people use are the same. To call people stupid really shows you are just acting on emotions and not thinking.

If you want to educate yourself on the actual numbers let me know I can recommend some absolutely hard books to read, but the information is good to know. I forced myself to read them even though they were awful to read

I know a few civilians that have them, and NONE of them have any business having one-but-that’s not the issue People feel that they not only have the right to possess such/similar weapons, but the NEED. Both of those point and the arguments for them are blowing my mind right now. Keep reading

Yes, because a laid out M16 a few 100 round magazines can put almost 1000 rounds in a crowd of people in less than a minute. Yes, the potential to kill 1000 fucking people in a minute. How fucking stupid are you gun nuts? Seriously. Please tell me why you need such a weapon for home defense?

The program started buy REAGAN you mean? Great idea, that will fix all of this, and really solidifies the validity of your viewpoint.

Seriously can the members of CR get any more stupid?

Zero, besides myself. I never claimed that it was smart-but it risked my own ass. The only people I passed at speed were semis that would not have noticed I was there if I ended my life into the back of their trailer.

And if you take this stance, every person that has street raced, ever, is comparable to this shooter? REALLY? How in your mind is this a valid point to bring up? While we were at this peak of stupidity it-let’s take it a step further. What if I did die? Then I would be comparable to the shooter in your eyes?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63536&highlight=Kenny+dead

Well fuck Kenny too then, right? He endangered others why enjoying his hobby a bit recklessly. Is that what you want to do?

Of course not-but THAT is how stupid this argument is.

can you get any stupid? Heck people here warned you about taking a car that wasnt made to go 80mph up past thee 200 mark.

you could have killed any number of people.......

JP, changing threads has not changed the fact you haven't any idea about weapons. Adam is being pretty easy going about it, in pointing this out to you. You really bring nothing to the table on this. Given that the majority of the gun conversations span from the school shooting, you are bringing more conflict to a discussion that all sides agree you know nothing about. Everything you have posted has been addressed. I mentioned it in the other thread. You are very good at making cars go fast, please stick to that. This is just a topic you don't have a full grasp on yet.

Question: At what point does an item (any item) go from tool to weapon?

Your car is a tool, or in JP's case, a toy. If you plowed into a group of people, it would be described as a weapon.

A hammer is a tool. If some psycho uses it to bash someone's head in it becomes a weapon.

In some instances a firearm is a tool. It can be used to create food or clothing, or used in a competitive sport. If it's turned on a person it becomes a weapon.

Some of you in this thread are in complete denial. If you are sooooo in denial that an econo-box traveling at 200mph could become a weapon, do us all a favor and step away from this issue. Who here recalls a certain GTO drive that resulted in the tragic death of several people? Now, tell me again they aren't comparable.

I would LOVE for you to find one time in history when anyone, especially an untrained shooter, got off 1000 kills in one minutes time with an M16 or similar. I look forward to the evidence.

since the people you know own class three firearms, how many have done something illegal with them, actually how many class three firearms have been used in a crime since they were banned?

an m4 or m16 firing 1000 rounds a minute? When you say things of that nature it leads me to believe you haven't educated yourself on the subject and it is hard for me to listen to what you are saying seriously and you are just knee jerk reacting to what is going on in the news.

So I don't know what I would use for home defense, but an ar could be used just as well as a shotgun or pistol, why wouldn't I want more rounds in what I was betting my life on in a situation.

I have raced on the street and I shoot the guns everyone is demonizing. The similarities are there between both in the ways people defend, or attack either. The defenses people use are the same. To call people stupid really shows you are just acting on emotions and not thinking.

If you want to educate yourself on the actual numbers let me know I can recommend some absolutely hard books to read, but the information is good to know. I forced myself to read them even though they were awful to read

Spot on.

Question: At what point does an item (any item) go from tool to weapon?

Your car is a tool, or in JP's case, a toy. If you plowed into a group of people, it would be described as a weapon.

A hammer is a tool. If some psycho uses it to bash someone's head in it becomes a weapon.

In some instances a firearm is a tool. It can be used to create food or clothing, or used in a competitive sport. If it's turned on a person it becomes a weapon.

Some of you in this thread are in complete denial. If you are sooooo in denial that an econo-box traveling at 200mph could become a weapon, do us all a favor and step away from this issue. Who here recalls a certain GTO drive that resulted in the tragic death of several people? Now, tell me again they aren't comparable.

Also spot on.

I never said it can shoot 1000 rounds a minute

can put almost 1000 rounds in a crowd of people in less than a minute..

There are M16’s that can shoot 950 rounds a minute off the shelf. There are some aftermarket ones I have heard of shooting a bit faster, but I have never seen one so I can’t speculate. A “laid out” M16 is comparable to a “laid out” sports car-every option available, including 250 round mags. I if need further information, I will ask my brother who is a 18b Special forces Weapons Sergeant, but thanks for the offer.

JP, changing threads has not changed the fact you haven't any idea about weapons. Adam is being pretty easy going about it, in pointing this out to you. You really bring nothing to the table on this. Given that the majority of the gun conversations span from the school shooting, you are bringing more conflict to a discussion that all sides agree you know nothing about. Everything you have posted has been addressed. I mentioned it in the other thread. You are very good at making cars go fast, please stick to that. This is just a topic you don't have a full grasp on yet.

Look up. I don’t think the knowledge base is the issue, I think my opinion is simply an unpopular one on CR.

There are M16’s that can shoot 950 rounds a minute off the shelf. There are some aftermarket ones I have heard of shooting a bit faster, but I have never seen one so I can’t speculate. A “laid out” M16 is comparable to a “laid out” sports car-every option available, including 250 round mags. I if need further information, I will ask my brother who is a 18b Special forces Weapons Sergeant, but thanks for the offer.

Look up. I don’t think the knowledge base is the issue, I think my opinion is simply an unpopular one on CR.

I tried to google 250 round "MAGS" and I cant seem to find anything. This must be something new.

I would LOVE for you to find one time in history when anyone, especially an untrained shooter, got off 1000 kills in one minutes time with an M16 or similar. I look forward to the evidence.

I never said it was done, or could be done in this case-but one bullet can be one kill-feel free to YouTube M16 firing tests and do the math. Its theoretically possible-as theoretically possible as this mentally ill kid shooter killing 26 people with a base ball bat as other gun nuts have suggested in this and similar threads. That is laughable. Also comparing a car to a semi automatic rifle is laughable.

When I was in the naval academy, I shot several weapons from a SIG 9mm, M16's, even M777. I am no gun nut, I own a weapon for home defense , and I have my onions that are not going to change. If you feel you need more than a 9mm for home defense-move. If you can’t handle that-you are not a real man anyways. If you are worried you will one day need to revolt against the government, leave the country. If hunt-and you are licensed-you should be able to purchase a one shot hunting rifle (real men bow hunt anyways). The same rifle can be used for sport shooting. Because of this-I personally don’t feel there is any need for anyone to posses any semi or fully automatic rifled or “machine” guns.

That’s it, its that simple.

You have to be trolling at this point. Are you bench racing your brother is Special Forces? Seriously. And you want to us a phrase like " off the shelf". Do you know how many people hear shit from their friends and family that are in the military and have no clue what that person just told them? Then they try to turn around and talk about it like they know what they are talking about and und up using a shitty defense like" well my brother said, and he's SF". STawwwwwp!!!!

Any weapon even close to what you think your brother is telling you about is not on a shelf, it's in a rack. And they are not available without going through a ton of shit and even finding one to buy can be a challenge.That rate of fire goes with a M249 and a drum of ammo on it. You are not getting your hands on one of those without a Class III and then you dropped $15,000 + to have it. And that's after the ATF hola hopped in your ass.

Edit your post, there's no way you used the "my brother is SF" line.

Yes you did.

Yes, because a laid out M16 a few 100 round magazines can put almost 1000 rounds in a crowd of people in less than a minute. Yes, the potential to kill 1000 fucking people in a minute.

I never said it was done, or could be done in this case

Yes you did.

Yes, because a laid out M16 a few 100 round magazines can put almost 1000 rounds in a crowd of people in less than a minute. Yes, the potential to kill 1000 fucking people in a minute.

as theoretically possible as this mentally ill kid shooter killing 26 people with a base ball bat as other gun nuts have suggested in this and similar threads. That is laughable.

Really? It's impossible to think that someone can kill 26 people with a Louiseville Slugger but possible for someone to kill 1000 people with an M16 in one minute? This is by far the worst thought out thing I've ever heard from you JP.

and I have my onions that are not going to change.

Never knew you were so passionate about vegetables.

If you feel you need more than a 9mm for home defense-move. If you can’t handle that-you are not a real man anyways. If you are worried you will one day need to revolt against the government, leave the country.

I take back what I said earlier. THIS is by far the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post.

If it weren't for people protecting their homes, families, and way of life we wouldn't exist as the USA today. If it wasn't for people revolting against a government we'd all be British. Do you really believe the things you say or do you just spew out whatever nonsense you know will get attention?

If hunt-and you are licensed-you should be able to purchase a one shot hunting rifle (real men bow hunt anyways). The same rifle can be used for sport shooting. Because of this-I personally don’t feel there is any need for anyone to posses any semi or fully automatic rifled or “machine” guns.

That’s it, its that simple.

Spoken like a true non-hunter. Not everyone is a sniper trained by their Spec Ops brother JP. I sometimes need 2 shots to get a kill and take home the bacon so to speak.

Please JP, just stahp. For your sake...or ours. Whatever.

Oh, and as for needing nothing more than a 9mm to defend your home or you're not a "real man", remind me to show you how useless your 9mm pistol is against someone with even a little training next time I see ya. ;)

We'll see how much of a "real man" you are then.

EDIT: This is not a call out, attempt to "OMGZ I'LL FYT YU IN PUBLIC!" call out anyone. I've been training in disarms and your lone 9mm does not pose as much a threat as you'd think. Actually, I'd rather you confront me with that than a simple kitchen knife.

Wait...butcher knives can't kill 26 people can they? Probably not. Nevermind.

Oh, and as for needing nothing more than a 9mm to defend your home or you're not a "real man", remind me to show you how useless your 9mm pistol is against someone with even a little training next time I see ya. ;)

We'll see how much of a "real man" you are then.

I am not going to start a “I can through a football a mile” thread, but there was a shift in the universe since the last time I saw you, I am 100% sure my physical attributes and “training” in any type of one on one fighting scenario would trump yours as well.

But Yenner-If you are 5 feet or more away from me, and I had my Glock 17, you would be 100% dead before you could lay a pinky on me.

Really? It's impossible to think that someone can kill 26 people with a Louiseville Slugger but possible for someone to kill 1000 people with an M16 in one minute? This is by far the worst thought out thing I've ever heard from you JP.

Yes, the kids may have been helpless if he walked in with a knife or a bat (as suggested in this thread), not the teachers. I mean does that really need to be specified? You are really reaching there. I still can’t believe people are trying to compare a few semi auto hand guns and a Ar -15 to a fucking baseball bat being help by a 95 pound pip squeak?? I have not words for that-its beyond stupid-but the same crap echoed from the majority of gun nuts. I am not posting in this thread any further-I am not going to change anyone’s opinion, nor do I care to.

Merry Christmas to the trigger-happy segment of CR

I am not going to start a “I can through a football a mile” thread, but there was a shift in the universe since the last time I saw you, I am 100% sure my physical attributes and “training” in any type of one on one fighting scenario would trump yours as well.

"I'm not going to start a battle, but I bet I can beat you up." :lolguy:

You honestly have no clue. Being a track star and wearing your letterman jacket back then doesn't make you a cold blooded killer. Being in good shape doesn't make you a fighter. DO YOU EVEN LIFT?!

I've changed. That's all you need to know. Unless you've surpassed me in training, which is entirely possible, I'll take my chances.

But Yenner-If you are 5 feet or more away from me, and I had my Glock 17, you would be 100% dead before you could lay a pinky on me.

Lot's of "ifs" in you scenario. Yeah, having a pistol helps you. Having a pistol and being trained in Krav and disarms helps me. I like my odds. Don't worry though. I never have any intentions of driving up to Cleveland (Ohio's Detroit). :gabe:

[/e-penorbattle]

You can beat everyone up JP. Nobody could ever possibly harm you. Keep living in that dream world. Newtown once thought nothing bad could ever happen there too.

Yes, the kids may have been helpless if he walked in with a knife or a bat (as suggested in this thread), not the teachers. I mean does that really need to be specified? You are really reaching there. I still can’t believe people are trying to compare a few semi auto hand guns and a Ar -15 to a fucking baseball bat being help by a 95 pound pip squeak?? I have not words for that-its beyond stupid-but the same crap echoed from the majority of gun nuts. I am not posting in this thread any further-I am not going to change anyone’s opinion, nor do I care to.

This right here shows your knowledge level on weapons training. I could put you and a guy half your size trained in knife fighting and in the end he'd be standing there with JP filet. Fact. You're not Super Man. Not by a long shot. Realize that before you get yourself hurt or killed some day.

Merry Christmas to the trigger-happy segment of CR

Thanks!

Look JP, you're a good guy, and I have nothing against you. I don't set out in any discussion to change anyones opinion (or opinions on onions). I do set out to present facts and evidence when someone states their opinion as fact or tries to push it onto others. In the end though saying that we should forego (or backing a government that does) the rights our forefathers fought and died for (with guns...against their government) is nothing short of tyranny against The Constitution.

I personally don’t feel there is any need for anyone to posses any semi or fully automatic.......

I will be happy to take your Glock 17 since there is absolutely NO reason to own a semi-auto firearm.

Why is it ok to own a semi-auto handgun and not a rifle? In the school shooting, it would have been just as easy for someone with practice to kill as many people with a simple glock than with an AR. Real talk.

With your reasoning, we should all be allowed to own a firearm...but it must be a single-shot gun (basically musket) like our founding fathers intended. :rolleyes:

How many arguments do you need to show that it really is not the guns fault? How many people did Timmothy McVey kill...without a gun...using easily accessable fertilizer? Should we ban the internet (where it takes 5 seconds to learn how to make a bomb) and fertilizer since they are obviously weapons?

JP...think man. Sitting in my office I have counted over 25 things that I can easily turn into a deadly weapon and walk into my building and begin murdering people. No gun is needed.

-Marc