Top Online Gun Retailer Suspends Sales of Firearms: “Effective Immediately”

Ahmadi6490

Good. Everyone is so upset and went out and tried to buy a gun because they heard "gun control". Now they want their 2nd ammendment right and it will feel like it's taken away from them based on company policy and supply. Maybe if they feel it's gone they will do something to protect it and get things calmed down.

The people buying now make me wonder why.

They are rebranding....not need to be "cheaper than dirt" anymore. I actually have ot give props to Obama for helping spur gun sales and drive our economy forward and strengthen the interest in our gun rights.

Right before he sweeps the legs right out from under a multi-billion dollar industry.

Here's a thought I wouldn't be particularly opposed to:

-Tax firearm sales and put that money towards preventing these situations in the future.

Right before he sweeps the legs right out from under a multi-billion dollar industry.

Here's a thought I wouldn't be particularly opposed to:

-Tax firearm sales and put that money towards preventing these situations in the future.

That's a very slippery slope, my friend. Not a good idea at all.

Tax gun sales, close the gun show background check loophole, include mental health into FBI background checks, MAYBE mandate gun owners have a gun safe (Hey, if you're a gun enthusiast, you already own one. ) I'm ok with that. Don't restrict anything else.

And fuck Cheaper Than Dirt. I hope they enjoy going out of business.

Tax gun sales, close the gun show background check loophole, include mental health into FBI background checks, MAYBE mandate gun owners have a gun safe (Hey, if you're a gun enthusiast, you already own one. ) I'm ok with that. Don't restrict anything else.

would you be opposed to banning private sales? or at least, making the transfer happen at a licensed gun dealer to perform background check.

(i haven't heard this anywhere, just thinking out loud)

How about dont change anything. Being "ok" with changes and restrictions is exactly what they want. Once youre comfortable with the new regulations they will pass a little bit more legislation to regulate firearms until there is nothing left. I feel that the whole goal of this gun control bullshit is to start small and then slowly chip away at the only thing that has kept us as a "free" people. That being said, I can understand where you are coming from but, I dont get a good vibe from it.

That's a very slippery slope, my friend. Not a good idea at all.

I would rather pay a "REASONABLE" tax than have all "AR15's and the like", as well as high cap magazines banned outright.

I also agree with the money going to supporting victims of tragedies, a deeper background check (mental health), additional gun saftey training programs, etc.

would you be opposed to banning private sales? or at least, making the transfer happen at a licensed gun dealer to perform background check.

(i haven't heard this anywhere, just thinking out loud)

They are actually thinking about this, I believe Armslist is being sued because of this issue. You could be making the transfer to a murderer. But I love it no paper work, no taxes, no hassle I say....but it def is being mis-used.

I didn't pay a dime in tax on the last lower I bought. Gotta love mail order.

The easiest way for restrictions to get passed is to have it done little by little. If they can convince people "oh, this one little thing isn't such a big deal" then before too long they have taken everything away. The only way to not lose our rights is to dig in hard against anything they propose.

Besides, what ever happened to them worrying about our country's finances spiraling towards oblivion? Does that no longer matter at all? At this point, EVERYONE is going to have higher taxes in a couple weeks, and it's the fault of everyone in DC. Nobody can point fingers on this one. It's neat how whenever the gov is fucking everyone in the ass super hard they are able to come up with something in the news to divert attention away for a while. Happens all the time. For once, reporters saw through the smoke and mirrors and asked questions about the real issues, and were immediately called out on it.

The easiest way for restrictions to get passed is to have it done little by little. If they can convince people "oh, this one little thing isn't such a big deal" then before too long they have taken everything away. The only way to not lose our rights is to dig in hard against anything they propose.

Besides, what ever happened to them worrying about our country's finances spiraling towards oblivion? Does that no longer matter at all? At this point, EVERYONE is going to have higher taxes in a couple weeks, and it's the fault of everyone in DC. Nobody can point fingers on this one. It's neat how whenever the gov is fucking everyone in the ass super hard they are able to come up with something in the news to divert attention away for a while. Happens all the time. For once, reporters saw through the smoke and mirrors and asked questions about the real issues, and were immediately called out on it.

Agree 100% with this post. CTD's action seemed far too complacent with accepting new control proposals, before any proposals have been made. That is why I'll never do business with them again.