Z4M to STR?!

M0nk3y

Hello all,

January Fastrack came out, and while my letter (#9268) failed miserable with having the SEB think that the Z4M was produced 1998-2002 (even though I mentioned the 06-08 year period). There was another letter which I need your help with.

Here is what I need you to write about:

Quote:

#9268 Z4 M Roadster Classing

Add the 2001-2002 model years to BMW M Roadster and M Coupe listing in STR. It will then read as follows:

BMW

M Roadster and M Coupe (1998-2002)

That isn't a Z4M, ugh. Please note that for the letter below

Please submit comments regarding this though:

Quote:

#9887 Z4 Roadster/Coupe in STR

The STAC would like member feedback on the possibility of classing the Z4-based M Roadster and Coupe in STR for 2012 (initial classing). These cars would have the best acceleration in the class, though would be hampered in handling by being among the heaviest.

With your help, hopefully I can find a happy home in a ST class

Thanks all.

What year Z4 is yours?

The 98-02 is a Z3M.

98-00 has the S52, 01-02 has the S54

For others that are wondering, this is for SCCA autocross.

The bottom letter is correct, as it asks for the Z4M to be classed into STR. The top letter, got mis-interpreted or something...because that's clearly a Z3M

Hmm... I think I figured it out. Let me try a translation:

Hi guys, I need your help with something. The SCCA doesn't class my 07 Z4M roadster in any Street Touring Class. I think this is an oversight and I've written them regarding this. Recently they've classed earlier (98-02) M roadsters in STR, but they still haven't addressed the years my car falls into.

So I was hoping the SCCA members among you could write the SOLO Board and ask them to review the 06-08 range of Z4M roadsters for inclusion in the STR (Street Touring Roadster) class. I think an argument can be made based on it's heavier weight offsetting its increased power.

Thank you.