question for subaru owners

The_buster

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend has an '00 Outback with 170k miles and it's still running relatively strong with minor fix-its. Shitty thing about older Subarus is rust and the last thing you feel like doing is having to replace all four tires on an awd beater if you get a non-repairable flat.

She really wants to sell her car for an SUV, if you're interested. It looks like this:

http://images.cars.com/phototab/DMI/199111/NX52-41303T/01.jpg

FYI I had a tire shaved by TireRack for my wife's WRX. No need to replace all 4. Measure tread depth on other 3. My wife's were a some what new set only had to shave a little.

Awesome, I wasn't aware that was a option. Thanks for the tip.

Do they make an sti in auto? She really likes those but doesn't want to learn stick shift.

Are you a potato? Do you count by using colors? You're price range is $4k-5k and you ask about a sti?

Then asked if they come in auto?

:lolguy::dumb::dumb::dumb:

AVG. PRICINGS And I'm being generous in the prices.

Junk old n/a subaru's : $1-4k

Wrx's: $7.5k n up

Sti's: $13/14k n up

Simple answer.

No.

in the 4-5k you can pick up a decent 03-04 BASE model Legacy/Outback/Forrester/impreza.

It will likely have 150k miles on it. It will probably have rust on the fenders (subarus are prone) been driven by a granny/mom/old man.

The best thing to do with a subaru when you buy it is just to get the basics fixed/done (head gasket, check the tires, look at your brakes and timing belt) The car will then be good for another 100K miles other than oil changes and random OMG something happened that all cars go through.)

They are good cars. There are PLENTY subaru owners in the area, and including the knowledge that is on COS and here, you will find a decent car in that range.

Don't be afraid to go out of Ohio to avoid rust (i.e. South) it will make up for it in spades in the long haul.

I bought my 05 outback little over a year ago with 90k on it and I'm at 130k with mostly highway driving so far. I havent had any issues. Pulling the engine isn't bad either since there is tons of clearance to get to the front and to the back bellhousing bolts. The only pain is the headgaskets like others have said. Mine though shows no issues at 130k and I'm not burning any oil or coolant. Once I get my mustang finished I'll probably go ahead and replace it, but I'm not too worried about it. Car has been great for the dd in being able to haul parts, being a decent ride and decent handling (dd, not aggressive lol) and just in general working and keep working. Most of the pinch point access areas (like for brakes and whatnot) there are access points in the control arms or other pieces in order to be able to get sockets in and out, so its been one of the easiest cars to work on.

Simple answer.

No.

in the 4-5k you can pick up a decent 03-04 BASE model Legacy/Outback/Forrester/impreza.

It will likely have 150k miles on it. It will probably have rust on the fenders (subarus are prone) been driven by a granny/mom/old man.

The best thing to do with a subaru when you buy it is just to get the basics fixed/done (head gasket, check the tires, look at your brakes and timing belt) The car will then be good for another 100K miles other than oil changes and random OMG something happened that all cars go through.)

They are good cars. There are PLENTY subaru owners in the area, and including the knowledge that is on COS and here, you will find a decent car in that range.

Don't be afraid to go out of Ohio to avoid rust (i.e. South) it will make up for it in spades in the long haul.

This..