Tubes in my hoosiers

Buck531

Is it ok to run regular tubes in Hoosiers? I'm not about to pay $70 per tube for $250 slicks. One tire has a slight leak in it and a tube will be the only way around it. Can I just get some cheap tubes from the parts store and run them?

Is it ok to run regular tubes in Hoosiers? I'm not about to pay $70 per tube for $250 slicks. One tire has a slight leak in it and a tube will be the only way around it. Can I just get some cheap tubes from the parts store and run them?

yes tubes are tubes

call me probably have them in stock

or you can get really cheap and buy Tractor tubes they held up ok on Derek's mustang

Where is the leak? If it's just where the compound is more porous and causing air to leak thru say the side wall, you can coat the inside of the tire with a concentrated dish soap and that will help with the leaking. Tubes can be a PIA on drag slicks. I have seen many of them where the tire moved a little on the rim and tore the valve stem causing the tire to be flat before the end of the run.