My newest hobby: retro gaming center

justinwebb

• 5 months later...

Since the last post I have collected quite a bit more you could say, here is the retro game room now....

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/justinwebb24/DSC_0003_zps615ab85c.jpg

Made end labels for each N64 game, makes it easier to find them. Roughly 130 N64 games, a handful of SNES and NES, but just picked up a flashcartridge that will hold all the ROM's and go into the NES

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/justinwebb24/DSC_0030_zps74815bd1.jpg

Every popular system from NES to Dreamcast

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/justinwebb24/DSC_0032_zps9e1bc8ac.jpg

Every system's controller including my gameboy collection

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/justinwebb24/DSC_0029_zps6f8ed89d.jpg

Wii modding is quite simple once you figure out all the lingo and stuff. I used Lego indiana jones to mod mine

^^ this. I had a CR Member mod mine using Lego Indiana Jones. If it wasn't for this ability I'd likely have never even bought the system.

Cool thing about the Wii is my son has found like 30 games for it and the Previous Gen system that play on it at garage sales, etc. Some cool games.

I like how you e displayed it all :) fun collection

x2

As soon as I get to my new house, I'm planning to do a similar set up in one room for just my gaming systems. What did you use for the controller stands? That looks good.

those look like plate display stands, you should be able buy them damn near anywhere.

Since the last post I have collected quite a bit more you could say, here is the retro game room now....

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/justinwebb24/DSC_0003_zps615ab85c.jpg

Made end labels for each N64 game, makes it easier to find them. Roughly 130 N64 games, a handful of SNES and NES, but just picked up a flashcartridge that will hold all the ROM's and go into the NES

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/justinwebb24/DSC_0030_zps74815bd1.jpg

Every popular system from NES to Dreamcast

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/justinwebb24/DSC_0032_zps9e1bc8ac.jpg

Every system's controller including my gameboy collection

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/justinwebb24/DSC_0029_zps6f8ed89d.jpg

its because of you that I've been going out hunting down N64 items that I use to have. I have 3 complete systems in original boxes and every game I bought is also in the original box all with manuals.

The systems I have are the standard N64 in box with manual, the atomic purple controller N64 bundle in box with all papers, bags each item came in plus manuals(this is the one I had when I first got my N64 back in the day) and the limited edition Star Wars Racer N64 bundle in box with all papers, manuals, star wars posters and the bags each item was packaged in :).

Since I acquired the atomic purple controller bundle I'm gonna sell the standard N64 in box, as for the Star Wars edition N64 I'm gonna hang on to it until its extremely rare then I'll decide on what to do with it. I'll have to post pics of what I have, but its nothing compared to your setup

As soon as I get to my new house, I'm planning to do a similar set up in one room for just my gaming systems. What did you use for the controller stands? That looks good.

They are 5" plastic easel's, i like to have things organized and didnt want them just laying there so thought up that idea. Got 12 of them from amazon for like 10 bucks but can be found at hobby lobby the cheapest.

its because of you that I've been going out hunting down N64 items that I use to have. I have 3 complete systems in original boxes and every game I bought is also in the original box all with manuals.

The systems I have are the standard N64 in box with manual, the atomic purple controller N64 bundle in box with all papers, bags each item came in plus manuals(this is the one I had when I first got my N64 back in the day) and the limited edition Star Wars Racer N64 bundle in box with all papers, manuals, star wars posters and the bags each item was packaged in :).

Since I acquired the atomic purple controller bundle I'm gonna sell the standard N64 in box, as for the Star Wars edition N64 I'm gonna hang on to it until its extremely rare then I'll decide on what to do with it. I'll have to post pics of what I have, but its nothing compared to your setup

Wow you have started quite the collection and CIB (complete in box) is hard to come by, i just never got into the whole box thing as they take up too much room to display and I like to be able to use them. If you ever need anything I go to tons of auctions and stores I can pick you up stuff for cheap. I have gotten in pretty good with some store owners locally.

They are 5" plastic easel's, i like to have things organized and didnt want them just laying there so thought up that idea. Got 12 of them from amazon for like 10 bucks but can be found at hobby lobby the cheapest.

Wow you have started quite the collection and CIB (complete in box) is hard to come by, i just never got into the whole box thing as they take up too much room to display and I like to be able to use them. If you ever need anything I go to tons of auctions and stores I can pick you up stuff for cheap. I have gotten in pretty good with some store owners locally.

I got great deals on everything, it's the time involved when you buy just the game, then hunting down the box and manual is the real task.

As for the Star Wars system I lucked out, I had an extra N64 system that I bought from BuyBacks with the Nintendo brand expansion pack already installed $24.99 :) at that time I was searching for the atomic purple system box since I had 1 atomic purple controller, only box on eBay was from a guy in New Jersey selling the Star Wars edition box only for $20.00 I had an extra copy of the Star Wars Racer game so why not try? I bought it, when it showed up it had all the bags the system came in too :) so when I was looking for just the N64 system manual someone in Tennessee was selling what they called a N64 manual with some random Star Wars posters, Nintendo Power forms etc... for $8.00 I bought it and it ended up being from a Star Wars Racer edition system :) not too bad when getting lucky like that all within a 2 week time frame.

People on eBay are selling the Star Wars edtion N64 anywhere from $90-$200 not sure if they're actually getting that, Half Price Books had a complete one for $70.00 but the system box was beat to shit and faded.

Another good buy was I found a guy in Alabama that was selling a great condition Atomic Purple system box for a BIN of $30.00 free shipping, I bought that item and when it showed up it had the complete system inside with EVERYTHIN!! :) guy sent a note saying the system doesn't work, which it didn't, I have the special tools to open the Ninitendo systems, so I did, all that was wrong was about 5lbs of dust/dirt inside, I cleaned it all up, system works flawlessly(this is the system I currently play on now) :)

Now don't get me wrong I play the games I bought, I'm currrently going through Donkey Kong and Conkers Bad Fur Day. to protect my game boxes I found a guy on eBay that sells protective sleeves for the boxes, so eachof my game boxes has one :)