Most disliked gun?

Mojoe

If you haven't shot a Tec 9, don't do it. They are dangerous junk. Another with the same design as the Tec is the Feather Rav-9.

You guys are crazy on the Hi point carbine. Cheap, realiable, will shoot any junk ammo, and are fairly accurate. You can load a rock and some dirt in that bitch and it will fire.

Do it. Double dog dare you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't shot a Tec 9, don't do it. They are dangerous junk. Another with the same design as the Tec is the Feather Rav-9.

You guys are crazy on the Hi point carbine. Cheap, realiable, will shoot any junk ammo, and are fairly accurate. You can load a rock and some dirt in that bitch and it will fire.

Do it. Double dog dare you.

I'd do it, because the bolt spring on the carbines is enough to crush the rock

MAC11, by far. It's a respectable simplistic design, but it's too damn "tight". It's harder than hell to rack a round into the chamber by grabbing onto what is basically a flat washer. Not only that, but I measured the trigger pull at FOURTEEN POUNDS. My right index finger needed steroid injections just to shoot the damn thing.

Thought I would go a different direction with a gun thread. The most disliked, and why. I'm sure not all will agree, but state your reasons and maybe someone agrees. Maybe someone is considering buying a gun you dislike and doesn't know it has the issues you experienced.

For me, it's the Ruger LCP .380. This little gun just doesn't do it for me. I had one and it worked as it should. Except the issue with failure to feed. I feel the angle to the chamber from the magazine is too steep for hollow points. I did some work on the feed ramp to reduce the angle and it only helped a little. So i decided to just use ball ammo. It was ok, but still had issues from time to time.

Aside from that, this small hand gun produces a lot if recoil. I know how it's put together. I understand why it does kick as it does. I just don't like it. I have seen several people get this as their first gun and not have much time shooting anything before it. Yet, this is the gun they have now. It's a challenging little gun to try and hit the target.

My Aunt is an impressive shot with her lcp .380. However i put one mag through it and gave it back to her. No fun to shoot at all.

MAC11, by far. It's a respectable simplistic design, but it's too damn "tight". It's harder than hell to rack a round into the chamber by grabbing onto what is basically a flat washer. Not only that, but I measured the trigger pull at FOURTEEN POUNDS. My right index finger needed steroid injections just to shoot the damn thing.

Don't forget to mention that every damn surface on a Mac11 has something sharp. I cut myself 2 or 3 times in the 3 days that I owned one.

The 1911 ... it's also my favorite.

Shot a 1911 in .45 in 1992 at about 30 feet. As I recall it, I shot the post the target was on, where it goes in the ground. Every round fired was a fail to hit the target when I was using the sights.

Never picked one up again until 2 weeks ago. Shot another .45 and of 5 rounds, 3 were touching on center target. Hmmm, might have me thinking to look into them more.

M1 carbine, it worked flawlessly for me but every time I shot I would get a with back pressure from the action and would literally have unburnt powder on my face. Maybe it was the lot of ammo I was using or maybe the gun. I'm not saying I wouldn't own another but that kinda put a bad taste in my mouth so I traded it in at Blackwing.

I'll pile on...the M1 Carbine's floating firing pin...even with the safety changes they made over the years...is seriously prone to slam-fires. Plus it is just an odd beast...a solution looking for a problem. meh.

I would have to say the Beretta Neos or the Walther SP22 because both are fugly and the SP22 is just awkward to manipulate and is unlike anything else on the market.

We should do a least favorite/favorite firearm.

Agree...my Walther P22 is an oddball and It is soooo picky about ammo. IMHO a .22 should eat anything you feed it.

I had one of the Spanish "Ruby" type pistols in .32ACP. Not even a clue on who actually made it, it had generic grips and no markings whatsoever. It failed to feed, failed to fire, failed to extract, combinations of those three, plus the magazine would occasionally pop out if you turned the gun more than about 30* to the side, like if you set it down. It also was completely counter-intuitive to break down (REMOVE THE GRIPS TO KNOCK A PIN OUT TO REMOVE THE SLIDE...) and the sights were utterly horrible.

I sold it to a collector when I experienced 14 failures with 8 rounds fired...and kind of regret it, because when it worked, it was SCARY accurate.

I had one of the Spanish "Ruby" type pistols in .32ACP. Not even a clue on who actually made it, it had generic grips and no markings whatsoever. It failed to feed, failed to fire, failed to extract, combinations of those three, plus the magazine would occasionally pop out if you turned the gun more than about 30* to the side, like if you set it down. It also was completely counter-intuitive to break down (REMOVE THE GRIPS TO KNOCK A PIN OUT TO REMOVE THE SLIDE...) and the sights were utterly horrible.

I sold it to a collector when I experienced 14 failures with 8 rounds fired...and kind of regret it, because when it worked, it was SCARY accurate.

Is this what you are talking about

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/stangsn95gt/Guns/DSC_0001-1.jpg

I have one as well and the only problem I have with it is that all the magazines were hand fitted to the gun at the factory and mine didn't come with one. Ive ordered 3 mags at $25 a piece so far and none have been the right length Also to break mine down all you had to do was lock the slide back twist the barrel 90 degrees pull it out and hit the slide release for the slide to pop off.

I'll pile on...the M1 Carbine's floating firing pin...even with the safety changes they made over the years...is seriously prone to slam-fires. Plus it is just an odd beast...a solution looking for a problem. meh.

Not anymore than any other military firearm with a free-floating firing pin!

Many times in surplus military firearms slam fires are caused by old preservative grease in the firing pin channel and/or using commercial (non-military spec) ammo with sensitive primers.

It's hard for me to find a firearm I don't like, but this one is probably the least favorite of any that I've owned...

Commando Mark 45. Terrible trigger pull, cheap polymer lower, can't accept drum mag, not full auto.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k239/jjjxlr8/P1010005.jpg

Shot a 1911 in .45 in 1992 at about 30 feet. As I recall it, I shot the post the target was on, where it goes in the ground. Every round fired was a fail to hit the target when I was using the sights.

Never picked one up again until 2 weeks ago. Shot another .45 and of 5 rounds, 3 were touching on center target. Hmmm, might have me thinking to look into them more.

you need to borrow mine and put some serious rounds thru it before you make that leap but the place your gun smith guy works sells cheap great shooting 1911's like 500$ bought my dad one and its perfect for what he does with it

Is this what you are talking about

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/stangsn95gt/Guns/DSC_0001-1.jpg

I have one as well and the only problem I have with it is that all the magazines were hand fitted to the gun at the factory and mine didn't come with one. Ive ordered 3 mags at $25 a piece so far and none have been the right length Also to break mine down all you had to do was lock the slide back twist the barrel 90 degrees pull it out and hit the slide release for the slide to pop off.

That looks like a clone or inspired from a 1903, which are incredibly accurate and break down in a similar fashion

Is this what you are talking about.

Somewhat similar to mine, but mine had slanted, not curved, slide cuts. Also, the slide was more curved over the top, the extractor on mine was internal to the slide, and the front of the frame and slide sort of resembled a Tokarev. Breakdown was odd, you had to remove the grips to knock out a pin that retained the breech assembly when the slide was back. Drop the breech out, and then push the slide forward. Never seen an assembly quite like it.

There were a TON of Ruby types, and most of them were built in small batches on a jobber basis. About the only thing they have in common is being mostly in .32ACP, and usually 7+1 round capacity. Mine had NO markings whatsoever on it anywhere beyond the "P bomb" and "I bomb" proofs, and no sign that any had been scrubbed.