Blue Jackets Fans

El Karacho1647545492

Who's going to the opener, where you sitting? We should get a sticky in here for season ticket holders (not me) to sell their unused tickets to CR members. I plan on going to a lot of games but I can never commit until days before.

I've got my C6 Club level seats for the opener, I can't wait to welcome hockey back to Columbus. lord knows the arena district needs it.

My wife and I are both season ticket holder with the Arch City Army. We will be in section 228 this year. CBJ have a good promo for opening night. Buy one get one free tickets and the Ticketmaster fees are covered by the CBJ. Also everyone gets a voucher for a free hot dog, Pepsi and pop corn. What ever you do, don't wear a damn Dead Wings jersey and any octopus that ends up on my ice will be met with violence.

I'm only worried about getting tickets for the NYR game. I can't wait to see Nash playing for NY. I hated him with the CBJ however, he might be one of my favorite players this year now that he's gone. I can't wait to see what he does with New York and I can't wait to see CBJ tear it up this year without Nash.

I'm hoping for a good season this year.

My wife and I are both season ticket holder with the Arch City Army. We will be in section 228 this year. CBJ have a good promo for opening night. Buy one get one free tickets and the Ticketmaster fees are covered by the CBJ. Also everyone gets a voucher for a free hot dog, Pepsi and pop corn. What ever you do, don't wear a damn Dead Wings jersey and any octopus that ends up on my ice will be met with violence.

I haven't decided whether I'll wear my Bruins Chara jersey, my OSU hockey jersey (go Umby!), or my BU Terriers hockey jersey (fahk yoo Atkinson!!).

No love for the Detroit Periods (get it? red wings? ba-zing) here.

I'm only worried about getting tickets for the NYR game. I can't wait to see Nash playing for NY. I hated him with the CBJ however, he might be one of my favorite players this year now that he's gone. I can't wait to see what he does with New York and I can't wait to see CBJ tear it up this year without Nash.

I'm hoping for a good season this year.

Well then you'll have to wait until next year, or the year after that. In this shortened 48 game schedule, they are only play Western Conference teams. And unless they change the schedule setup (or the Jackets move to the East), they only play the Eastern Conference teams once per year, alternating locations. The Rangers were due to be here this year, had there been a full schedule, so I'm hoping they rectify that for next year.

Actually what I really hope is that they move the Jackets to the East and Winnipeg to the West next season. Winnipeg plays in the Southeast division, as they were the Atlanta team. I grew up in New York and I'm a huge Rangers fan, so I'm gonna be super pissed if I don't get to see them here next year... :(

Well then you'll have to wait until next year, or the year after that. In this shortened 48 game schedule, they are only play Western Conference teams. And unless they change the schedule setup (or the Jackets move to the East), they only play the Eastern Conference teams once per year, alternating locations. The Rangers were due to be here this year, had there been a full schedule, so I'm hoping they rectify that for next year.

Actually what I really hope is that they move the Jackets to the East and Winnipeg to the West next season. Winnipeg plays in the Southeast division, as they were the Atlanta team. I grew up in New York and I'm a huge Rangers fan, so I'm gonna be super pissed if I don't get to see them here next year... :(

It'll be interesting whatever they end up doing. This year they said that Winnipeg/Cbus swap wasn't out of the question for future years, but I think that Detroit would be moved in favor of Cbus. I say that because Mike Ilitch carries more weight in the NHL than John McConnell, and Detroit would stand to make a LOT of money consistently playing NYR/BOS/MTL/WAS/PIT. I have to admit it'd be phenomenal for the league as well.

That said, the realignment the owners proposed last year was shot down by the PA because they wanted a new CBA before talking realignment. I really liked the new ideas they had, with 2 8-team divisions and 2 7-team divisions and more cross-conference games. However, it'd be tougher on the players and with them giving up significant amount of HRR, they won't agree to that realignment plan now.

EDIT: By the way, you NYR guys should feel confident going into this season. No team is more prepared to dominate out of the gate than the Rangers. King Henrik is a beast who was 3rd in wins in only 62 games, with this truncated season I have little doubt he'll lead the league in most stats.

Got tickets to opener, section 116. I really feel that CBJ will surprise people this year. Imo only 2 or 3 teams per conference will be out of playoff hunt, CBJ is not one of them. Glad hockey is back, tired of following AHL.

I agree. They have one of the best top D pairs in the league with JJ and Wiz, apparently the 2nd and 3rd lines have great chemistry (Dorsett/Artem/Dubi, and Foligno/Letestu or Johansen/Prospal) and Atkinson is IMO teed up for a breakout season.

From what I've read, both Bobrovsky and Mason have been stellar in practice and scoring is hard to come by. Also, I REALLY want Jenner to wear a CBJ jersey this year. According to Richards, he's been tentative in hitting his teammates which'll happen when you knock guys the fuck out (with illegal hits).

That'll teach him to admire his pass.

I guess they didn't update the schedule then on their site. It shows them playing end of the year last I checked.

Schedule was updated on the Jackets page on Saturday night when the NHL schedule was released.

I have been to a few of the pratices last week and was there on Sunday for the openning day of training camp. Both Mason and Bobs look good as they should. Bobs will get the start this season with him already being more ready to play from his KHL time this year. And he was doing damn good in the KHL. Mason willl be doing everything he can to prove he is an NHL goalie. It is contract year for both of them, so players always seem to step up their game.

And yeah I love Boooooone! Can't wait to see him with the CBJ full time. Gonna be a great 2nd/3rd line center and will probably wear the C after Jack Johnson.

Schedule was updated on the Jackets page on Saturday night when the NHL schedule was released.

I have been to a few of the pratices last week and was there on Sunday for the openning day of training camp. Both Mason and Bobs look good as they should. Bobs will get the start this season with him already being more ready to play from his KHL time this year. And he was doing damn good in the KHL. Mason willl be doing everything he can to prove he is an NHL goalie. It is contract year for both of them, so players always seem to step up their game.

And yeah I love Boooooone! Can't wait to see him with the CBJ full time. Gonna be a great 2nd/3rd line center and will probably wear the C after Jack Johnson.

with Brass and Artem I doubt we'll see much Boone on the top lines. And while I really hope JJ gets the C, I thought they might give it to Umby.

My ideal captains:

C: Jack Johnson, he is the US Nat'l Team captian after all

A: Vinny Prospal because Vinny

A: Derek Dorsett because he leads the league in PIM and is always towards the top in fighting majors

Who's going to the opener, where you sitting? We should get a sticky in here for season ticket holders (not me) to sell their unused tickets to CR members. I plan on going to a lot of games but I can never commit until days before.

I've got my C6 Club level seats for the opener, I can't wait to welcome hockey back to Columbus. lord knows the arena district needs it.

had a chance to go but unfortunately had to take a sick day today and now i cant, fml. oh well im sure there will be weekend games this season and i'll DEFINITELY be hitting those up. In the meantime im going to watch the game at RBar Saturday night.

I agree. They have one of the best OFFENSIVE MINDED top D pairs in the league with JJ and Wiz, apparently the 2nd and 3rd lines have great chemistry (Dorsett/Artem/Dubi, and Foligno/Letestu or Johansen/Prospal) and Atkinson is IMO teed up for a breakout season.

From what I've read, both Bobrovsky and Mason have been stellar in practice and scoring is hard to come by. Also, I REALLY want Jenner to wear a CBJ jersey this year. According to Richards, he's been tentative in hitting his teammates which'll happen when you knock guys the fuck out (with illegal hits).

That'll teach him to admire his pass.

Had to bold that part, while i love wiz and JMFJ and I definitely like what they bring to our blue line together i think putting them together on the ice defensively is a little dicey. they're both offensive minded, JJ loves to look for the big hit but at the expense of giving up position, at least thats how he's played most of his career. I was surprised to hear they had Letestu running point on the power play in camp. Of course all this could change if they have a terrible start and need to mix up the lines.

Didn't they already send Boone back down? I cant recall but they didnt want to burn a year off his entry level contract for an abbreviated season? I might be thinking of JAM or someone else.

As for who wears the C, im happy they decided to wait to give it out. The easy thing would be to just give it to Prospal b/c hes the veteran, or Umby b/c hes been on the team a while. I want someone to earn it by what they do on and off the ice and how they speak up in the locker room, if someone deserves to be the leader he will stand out amongst the rest and his teammates will agree. Still want JMFJ to be the captain but we'll see.

Had to bold that part, while i love wiz and JMFJ and I definitely like what they bring to our blue line together i think putting them together on the ice defensively is a little dicey. they're both offensive minded, JJ loves to look for the big hit but at the expense of giving up position, at least thats how he's played most of his career. I was surprised to hear they had Letestu running point on the power play in camp. Of course all this could change if they have a terrible start and need to mix up the lines.

Didn't they already send Boone back down? I cant recall but they didnt want to burn a year off his entry level contract for an abbreviated season? I might be thinking of JAM or someone else.

As for who wears the C, im happy they decided to wait to give it out. The easy thing would be to just give it to Prospal b/c hes the veteran, or Umby b/c hes been on the team a while. I want someone to earn it by what they do on and off the ice and how they speak up in the locker room, if someone deserves to be the leader he will stand out amongst the rest and his teammates will agree. Still want JMFJ to be the captain but we'll see.

I love the "JMFJ" name.

Boone and Tim Erixon were sent down in favor of keeping Colton Gilles, Matt Calvert, and David Savard on the bench in Cbus. I like Calvert, undecided on Gilles, and I don't really like Savard, but I think the Moore/Aucoin line will dramatically help Moore progress.

Jenner will play out season in juniors, that what he needs, he clearly has a physical side to his game, but needs to build his offensive to be able to be a solid player someday in the NHL. I think if this was not a lockout year he would be playing in the NHL, but due to short training camp, CBJ needed players to play and be ready now, not slowly groom one guy when they have others players who have been playing in NHL.

Savard, Moore, Erixon will all be NHLers, just a metter of time. I think Moore is better currently mainly due to his skating talent. You were able to see a glimpse of it in the first game.

I really really think this year will be good for the Jackets, unsure on playoffs, but I really think this team will surprise people all year. Bob will be a solid goalie for us, I doubt Mason will do anything special this year.

I love the "JMFJ" name.

Boone and Tim Erixon were sent down in favor of keeping Colton Gilles, Matt Calvert, and David Savard on the bench in Cbus. I like Calvert, undecided on Gilles, and I don't really like Savard, but I think the Moore/Aucoin line will dramatically help Moore progress.

I have heard the argument that over time Tim Erixon will be the deciding factor in how we "won" the nash trade, that he has that much up-side. I'd like to see it but not at the expense of hurting his growth as a pro, which in the past has been a horrible trait in the CBJ.

I thought we looked kinda sluggish in the first game but i was drunk for most of it too. We went to R Bar to watch it, it was packed which i dont enjoy but at least there were real fans there.