Gun Ban List?

gillbot

No M1A :lol:

They already have the M1A covered with the combination of the detachable magazine and the flash hider (and/or bayonet lug). OR, if you have one with a pistol grip and an adjustable stock.

The proposed ban covers most if not all semi-auto military style rifles.

Here are some details of Feinstein's ban...

• Ban the sale, transfer, manufacture or importation of 157 named firearms. Presumably, these were chosen by looking at pictures, as Sen. Feinstein has said she did before introducing her first legislation on the issue in 1993.

• Ban all semi-automatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine. This is because the bill would ban any semi-automatic detachable-magazine rifle that has even one "feature," particularly a pistol grip—which is defined to include any "characteristic that can function as a grip." Other features that would cause a rifle to be banned include a forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or a threaded barrel.

• Ban all detachable-magazine semi-auto pistols that have any of the following: a threaded barrel, second pistol grip, or magazine that mounts anywhere other than the grip. The bill would also ban any handgun that is a semi-automatic version of a fully automatic handgun.

• Ban all semi-automatic rifles and handguns that have fixed magazines that accept more then 10 rounds.

• Ban all semi-automatic shotguns that have just one of the following: a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; a pistol grip; a fixed magazine that can accept more than five rounds, a detachable magazine; a forward grip; a revolving cylinder; or a grenade or rocket launcher. As with the rifle provision, this could potentially ban any semi-auto shotgun, because all of them have "characteristics that can function as a grip." And of course, countless Americans have pistol-grip shotguns for home defense.

• Ban all belt-fed semi-automatic firearms, such as semi-auto replicas of historic machine guns.

• Ban all frames or receivers of banned guns, even though in many cases they are identical to the frames and receivers of guns that would not be banned.

• Ban "combinations of parts" from which "assault weapons" can be assembled. Read broadly, this could ban the acquisition of a single spare part that could be combined with parts you already own.

• Ban any "part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle"--a vague definition that could ban items such as competition trigger parts.

• Ban the sale or transfer of all ammunition feeding devices that hold more than ten rounds. Even those lawfully possessed before passage of the bill could never be transferred, even to your heirs through a will.

^No freaking way that'll pass. That bitch is crazy.

I keep hearing everyone say this, and that has me concerned. Most people keep thinking and accepting that "this will never pass" but sure as shit, it might if everyone sits back assuming it wont!

Stranger things have happened.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was another gun related 'emotional event' in the next week or two and then this thing will get 'pushed' through.

I hope not.

I have my foil hat on standby.

A big issue is that if ANYTHING makes it to the floor, an amendment can slip in there and everyone goes "WTF?" after the fact but by then it's too late.

I point you to the Hughes Amendment to the Firearm Owner's Protection Act in 1986.

A current example is a bill which I believe would have wide support is giving a tax break to off duty LE who take second jobs as 'Resource Officers' in schools. (Pat Tiberi just introduced this otherwise very fine idea). Imagine some similar procedural douchebaggery like the Hughes Amendment where "and BTW no magazines > 7 rounds" gets slipped in, it gets voted out of the House, the Senate jumps on it with both feet and the Prez signs.

Then try to get that fixed....

We have to be really, really careful here.