Going to NAIAS tomorrow, who has gone already?

SpaceGhost

No Lamborghini?

Nope, and Ferrari's display was worthless too. Actually, I was surprised by the SLS AMG out of all the current production supercars on display.. The brakes on the M6 are crazy huge, and the LF-A is always kinda cool to see.. Of the new cars, the atlas and corvette stand out. Other things I remember: Chrysler spent some $ on their display, Shelby decided not to spend any $ this year, and the Asian companies never really do anything impressive (except the NSX, FR-S, BRZ recently). The German companies spent a little more this year, and there are still not enough beer carts

Maybe I'm getting old, but as cool as the Vette, Audi's S cars, Mercedes AMG line, etc. were the surprise of the show for me was the new Impala. Maybe it's because I have basically seen and/or know about everything else that was there, but i was impressed with the design, interior, space, and features that they're offering on a Chevy. Hopefully the price doesn't sky-rocket like all other new cars.

Price no option and not needing the wife's approval I would probably want the ~$75k S4 they had at the show for a daily though.

I'm still in Detroit. Got hit by the snow and decided to get a hotel and head back in the morning. Hotel has hot tub in the room check...bought 2 bottles of boonesfarm from the gas station across the street check....sex with wife in said hot tub after drinking said boonesfarm(after cleaning it out) check.

Show was decent though over the years you can certainly see companies spending less and less on their displays. Merc definitely had some gorgeous rides, the NSX as previously noted is just plain sexy..a friend who was 90% sold on the new Fusion talked himself out of it as soon as he walked in the door and saw it which was amusing.

I really liked the Atlas from Ford and the crazy Jeep was getting quite a bit of attention. The downstairs had Shelby with their super snake and such which is always fun to drool over but not a very exciting display. There are some folks excitedly driving around in circles down there in electric/hybrids. Stopped in to talk to the Michigan State team about their race car they had built, that was probably one of the highlights for me.

The new Vette I'm honestly not a fan of. The Grey one is the only one left there, Red has gone off for other duties. Maybe its just me but it doesn't FEEL all that Corvettey. And the rotator was broken when I was there so you hand to shoulder through the crowds again and again to get different views. Maybe it will look better flying past me on the highway.

Maserati auto show girls were rather impressive with your crowd of men and their DSLRs&Camera phones taking pictures of the "cars" or just shamelessly pretending they were photographers. There were twins working the show though that certainly helped bring some attention to the brand.

Had a deep conversation with myself about the Dart and how I wish it were rear wheel drive with more ballz so i could love it. Wonderful conversation with a paid smiler about what the Tigershark motor is...apparently it has to do with the Pistons in the Calibers in the engine being shaped like shark teeth...ok time to get some Pizzapapalis after!

P.S. there is an EV retrofitting company in the basement with a few GM models which are kind of funny..would LOVE to know the performance out of an EV armored 'Burbon and whether it can actually MOVE.

Ya for us more "Dwarven" built folk its not bad but anyone pushing 6 foot plus a lot of cars seem to be not so well thought out. Another friend was almost dead set on a new BRZ but again if he tried to get his head back to the headrest he was scraping scalp.

Ya for us more "Dwarven" built folk its not bad but anyone pushing 6 foot plus a lot of cars seem to be not so well thought out. Another friend was almost dead set on a new BRZ but again if he tried to get his head back to the headrest he was scraping scalp.

Yep my head hits the roof too in the BRZ.

P.S. there is an EV retrofitting company in the basement with a few GM models which are kind of funny..would LOVE to know the performance out of an EV armored 'Burbon and whether it can actually MOVE.

The funny thing about VIA (the conversion company you mention) is Bob Lutz is involved with the company. They buy the vehicles from GM and convert them to a Fisker-like architecture (the stock engine can act as a generator once the batteries are depleted).

But he's also there representing the Destino, where the company buys Fisker Karma's, rips out the motors and batteries, and swaps a ZR1 engine and 6-speed manual into.