CurbTXT - text via license plate

zeitgeist57

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/25/curbtxt-lets-san-franciscans-communicate-via-license-plates/

Novel idea, but I'd imagine that just opens you up for spammy shit txts from random freaks. With the right controls in place it could work...

Limit it to 1 message sent, unless the owner of the vehicle responds. Interesting idea.

Pass on this one. I can imagine all the spam/adds/bullshit, granted i would LOVE to text the people in front of me doing 60-65 in the fast lane and tell them to GET THE FU*K OUT OF MY WAY, i mean seriously there probably already staring at there phone anyways.

I wish police would enforce the no phone/texting while driving... I almost want to be a cop just to go around and get people for that.

Ive said for years i wish there was an intercar communication system so you can tell people when theyre driving like assholes...like the semi doing 45 in the left lane on 270 today on my way to work when the roads were still clear. I was irate.

I wish police would enforce the no phone/texting while driving...

Go idea.

...i would LOVE to text the people in front of me doing 60-65 in the fast lane and tell them to GET THE FU*K OUT OF MY WAY...

Wait a minute.

http://www.hark.com/clips/hxqjmfyhhx-yeah-i-remember-grinding-my-feet

from comments

This is such a bad idea.

The only realworld uses I see are:

1) Stalking ("Hi, I see you went shopping again today and are parked nearby, want to get a drink... btw my name is John")

2) Venting ("nice parking AHOLE")

3) People texting while driving behind someone ("OMG you cut me off, I will cut your face and rape your eye socket")

4) Trolling ("hey, you're being towed"... when in reality you're just getting back at the guy who took your parking spot)

eye socket rape is bad

Ive said for years i wish there was an intercar communication system so you can tell people when theyre driving like assholes...like the semi doing 45 in the left lane on 270 today on my way to work when the roads were still clear. I was irate.

We have that. It's called the middle finger.