Come at me bro

Buck531

I don't profess to know much about bowling, but your scores look pretty fucking high.

In fact, all the Bucklad's seem to know what they're doing on the lanes.

Is the handicap what you add to your score to get 300? Meaning, since your handicap is lower that means that you typically average higher than the other bowlers there (and that you typically bowl 265)?

I don't profess to know much about bowling, but your scores look pretty fucking high.

In fact, all the Bucklad's seem to know what they're doing on the lanes.

Is the handicap what you add to your score to get 300? Meaning, since your handicap is lower that means that you typically average higher than the other bowlers there (and that you typically bowl 265)?

Handicap is pretty much the same on every other game out there (golf for example). Say someone averages 200 and I average 170. The 200 average bowler might have a 5 pin handicap whereas my 170 average would have a 30-35 pin handicap. Makes it a more level playing field.

I've been bowling like shit for most of the year. Not sure why. But last night I threw the first 9 strikes (hoping for a 300) and left the 7 pin on the first ball in the 10th. Picked that up and got another strike.

I honestly think my Dad was watching over me when I was bowling last night. I just had some strange feeling that no matter where I threw the ball on the lane, it hit the pocket and they all fell down. I know it's strange, but I just buried my Dad last Friday and it's odd that I would bowl this good the following week.

And the demise of Polaris has begun. What "good" area do you know of that has a bowling alley.

Pickerington has Rule 3. Not sure if Pickerington fits your conceptualization of "good area," but I would think it does. Also, Rule 3 isn't your prototypical bowling alley, either.

Pickerington has Rule 3. Not sure if Pickerington fits your conceptualization of "good area," but I would think it does. Also, Rule 3 isn't your prototypical bowling alley, either.

Wait, do you mean typical? If so, you used a word that means pretty much the exact opposite of what you were going for.

THANKS "DOCTOR"

Wait, do you mean typical? If so, you used a word that means pretty much the exact opposite of what you were going for.

THANKS "DOCTOR"

No, I meant prototypical, but I can see where I came across as confusing. Instead of using "Also," I probably should have said, "However, I recognize that..." to more appropriately convey what I meant. The intent was to acknowledge that, while Pickerington is a "good area," Rule 3 isn't exactly the prototype when it comes to bowling alleys. So, the hypothetical argument could have gone like this:

Jeffro: Name a bowling alley in a good area.

Me: Rule 3 is in Pickerington, and Pickerington is a good area.

Jeffro: But Rule 3 isn't exactly a "bowling alley."

Me: I can accept that.

:)

If Rule 3 is unique, as in, the first of it's kind, then it is literally the prototypical bowling alley (of its type). It would not be typical.

I didn't say it was the prototype; I said it wasn't. Also, I might add that prototype can be defined as something that serves to characterize the typical qualities of something (e.g., "Eli is the prototypical genius").