Infiniti G37 opinions?

Flyin Miata

Paying off my car this month and looking to get into something a little newer/nicer this spring. Have been seriously looking at a couple year old G37 lately. Seem to be pretty affordable, 330 hp and AWD (or a 6MT, but not both :mad:). Anyone here own one or have an opinion on them? Any specific issues/years I should be aware of?

I plan on keeping this car for the long run, so one of my big concerns is long term reliability. So far what I've been reading has been good regarding the engine itself.

Nice cars if heated seats go out like they did in the 350 and g35 its very expensive to fix. Pretty big for a 2 root car kinda like why have a 2 door grand prix but thats just me

I'll most likely go with the 4-door as I need to be able to haul a drum set and other equipment around easily. Heated seats are nice but if they go out it's something I can live with.

I had a Maxima, and having loved that ride - and riding around in co-workers G35s - the G35/G37 would be an excellent long-term ride.

However, gotta back up Not Brian with the "live-with-no-car-payment" lifestyle. It's hip...all the cool cats are doin' it these days...

My old bartender buddy bought a G37X and we drove to Dayton for a Clutch concert in it. It was a bit quicker than I thought it would be, but personally it had that torqueless small-car feel that I don't like.. where you can barely see the hood, cramped interior, etc. They seem solid, I'm just a bigger dude with an SUV though.

My old bartender buddy bought a G37X and we drove to Dayton for a Clutch concert in it. It was a bit quicker than I thought it would be, but personally it had that torqueless small-car feel that I don't like.. where you can barely see the hood, cramped interior, etc. They seem solid, I'm just a bigger dude with an SUV though.

That is one thing I noticed after taking a ride in my friend's G35x, seemed smaller inside than you would think. That is one reason I keep looking at the newer TL's but I'm still not sold on that ridiculous grille that Acura thought was attractive.

You can fit a drum set in a G37?

I fit a set in my Miata once (top down of course), so I'm sure I could figure out a way to fit it in the Infiniti. The trunk capacity requirement unfortunately rules out the coupe for me :(.

My only experience with these is the 2dr version however I very much enjoyed that car. Styling wise I was glad to see the change between the 35 and 37, I think the rework on the curves definitely was a good thing. Could never get over the styling of those things even with a good friend driving one for years.

I think the sedan has some rather ungainly lines at certain angles, love the coupes. In terms of drivetrain, I have only driven the Z-car equivalent with a stick, but it felt like it had a really meaty power delivery for an NA V6. Obligatory noise comment: The noise that the VQ engine/exhaust makes is not for everyone, though I enjoyed it, it felt appropriately "sporty".

If you want a 4 door, what about a Maxima? I love mine. It definitely hauls and drives nice

I just wanted to say +1 to over rule Steve-O's (and Jones's)RETARDED post... Besides we all know that the only type of car that Jones thinks is worthy is a car that a 16 year old girl would drive (*cough audi that looks like a bug *cough). I have an '6th gen Maxima with every possible and it's great... car drives smooth, gets decent mileage (I average 26) and it has 265 HP so it's more than enough to get around. (Not to mention heated steering wheel, heated seats, etc...)

I just wanted to say +1 to over rule Steve-O's (and Jones's)RETARDED post... Besides we all know that the only type of car that Jones thinks is worthy is a car that a 16 year old girl would drive (*cough audi that looks like a bug *cough). I have an '6th gen Maxima with every possible and it's great... car drives smooth, gets decent mileage (I average 26) and it has 265 HP so it's more than enough to get around. (Not to mention heated steering wheel, heated seats, etc...)

The Maxima was something I considered before, but I'm coming from my Speed3 which although not the fastest car out there, is pretty damn quick to me. Part of why I'm leaning toward the G37 is the fact that it's pushing close to 330 hp and I think that would keep me satisfied more than the Maxima.

I'd skip the G37 & get an M45 or Q45. They have much more elegant & proper styling for a large sedan. Plus, they come with a V8.

I'll have to look into that. My budget is $25k and I have been finding some certified G37's with low miles for that price, but by no means am I set on buying one just yet. I'm still looking into the newer TL's but finding the 6MT with AWD in my price/mileage range is not easy.

why not look at a newer speed3? I have an 08 speed3 an 11 speed3 and a g37s within walking distance of me...been in/driven all three of them and the g37 wont seem faster than the others and it doesn't have the utility of the ms3...but they are very nice commuter cars which are pretty quick..his is the coupe though not a sedan so its a little bit different...also..eww on the Maxima

why not look at a newer speed3? I have an 08 speed3 an 11 speed3 and a g37s within walking distance of me...been in/driven all three of them and the g37 wont seem faster than the others and it doesn't have the utility of the ms3...but they are very nice commuter cars which are pretty quick..his is the coupe though not a sedan so its a little bit different...also..eww on the Maxima

I guess I just want to get into something different. The idea of a mid to large size sedan with a nice interior and a somewhat sporty feel appeals to me. I've also realized that no matter how hard I try, I just don't enjoy driving FWD vehicles. I came from a Miata to the MS3, and as much as I really do enjoy the 3 it just kills me that they don't offer AWD even as an option. I think if I could find a G37S with the 6MT and RWD, it would fit almost every requirement I have in a car.

I love my G35x Sedan. My only complaint is the back seat leg room. I'm fairly tall (6'3") and when I'm driving there is no legroom in the seat behind me.

My Maxima had more room honestly. If you find the right G, they can be fun. Turn off VDC and enjoy!!