H22a4

87.5mm Bore

Darton Sleeves with a KMS Block Gaurd welded in for extra strength

8.5:1 Wiesco Pistons

Eagle Rods (big bolt)

Balanced Rotating Assembly

Blue Printed Bottom End

Stock Head

Modified H22 Intake Manifold (Butterflys Removed)

Drive Train:

H23 Transmission

8lb Fidanza Flywheel

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch

Interior:

Prelude Front Seats

Skunk2 Weighted Knob

Wheels/Tires/Suspension:

Tein Super Street Coilovers

Skunk2 Front Upper Strut Bar

Skunk2 Front/Rear Camber Kits

16" Rota GT3's (Gold w/Silver lip)

Falken Azenis RT-615 Rubber

Oh yeah, came with complete GT35 turbo kit ;) I'll post all the specs on that stuff once I get done going through it all.

The story!!

My buddy has owned the car the last 9 years and originally started building it in hopes of a 700hp monster. Somewhere along the line he got back into racing go-karts, became a trucker and had a child. So basically life has taken over and his time is limited, thus the car was put on the back burner. Three years ago he got ahold of me asking if I would be interested in trading our pick up truck for this car. We said no thanks at the time, over the next 2+ years we kept talking about possibly trading, when I was wanting to he wasn't and vice versa. Earlier this week he contacted me saying, lets trade. I sent him a text back and said ok, lets do it. So after 3 years of talks, we have finally pulled the trigger.

The car was sprayed 2006 Dodge Blue, back in 06 by my Dad. The car has basically sat inside of a pull barn since that time. The motor was built by Dave Flemmings in Utica around the same time. Since then it has had 600 miles put on it. The wheels and tires have even less than that on em.

For now the main focus/goals for the car is to get it cleaned up as its dusty and dirty as hell. After that I plan on putting my ecu out of my Integra in it and loading up a H22 map to get it running properly til we can get it to the tuner. Just going to get a good all motor tune on it for the time being and get the wife used to driving it and get her some seat time at the race track just so she can learn to lights and how to launch. From there it will get the turbo kit put on and retuned, boost will be turned down and gradually turned up as she gets more comfortable handling power.

I will update with more pics as work/mods progress. For now here is a few shots I took today of it

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag53/DaddyBuiltRacing/Tacaras%20EG/250743_10151392186986907_1948327598_n_zps8f09129c.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag53/DaddyBuiltRacing/Tacaras%20EG/66478_10151392186816907_1949088242_n_zpsc036bf79.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag53/DaddyBuiltRacing/Tacaras%20EG/537104_10151392063126907_1686352643_n_zps54716636.jpg

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebay kit? Get a real terbuh and you're set.

Only thing ebay is the turbo and wastegate, the wastegate will be swapped out with a PTE unit, as I am not a fan of boost creep. The turbo will most likely get swaped out for a Precision as well once it craps out lol.

once you de rice the crap out of it, shouldnt be too bad. so are you gonna make this the race car and just enjoy the other car orrrr are you going full potatoe and building both?

Theres not much left to build honestly. It has nice suspension, wheels, built motor, turbo kit. Just needs some TLC and get rid of the hood. Her car, her decisions. I wouldn't mind a OEM looking CF hood being put on, but we'll see.

Needs moar less, Nice pick up though least its prolly rust free and not hacked too shit, I agree the hood may be a VIS but it is killing the car.

Yeah it is rust free and hasn't been hacked to hell and back.

Only thing ebay is the turbo and wastegate, the wastegate will be swapped out with a PTE unit, as I am not a fan of boost creep. The turbo will most likely get swaped out for a Precision as well once it craps out lol.

Theres not much left to build honestly. It has nice suspension, wheels, built motor, turbo kit. Just needs some TLC and get rid of the hood. Her car, her decisions. I wouldn't mind a OEM looking CF hood being put on, but we'll see.

Yeah it is rust free and hasn't been hacked to hell and back.

If there were 2 things i would not suggest using from ebay it would be a turbo and the wastegate. You can get away with ebay intercooler/piping and cast manifold, but i wouldn't take any chances. Personally, id sell the turbo on ebay or craigslist and buy a real one from Precision, Garrett, Master power, or Turbonetics. Alslo, i think you might have better luck with a used tial over a new "ebay" branded one. Just my experiences.

Good luck on your build.

Yeah this is my first Honda build so I am sure I will learn many new things as I go along. Thanks though haha

P.S made over 300hp on a ebay turbo and bone stock b20 on low boost many years ago with no issues from the turbo. Must just be lucky I guess lol

One more edit, I would never use a turbonetic product. If/when this gets a different turbo it will be from Precision, hell it may end up with my 6262 should I decide to ever step up to a 67mm

Yeah this is my first Honda build so I am sure I will learn many new things as I go along. Thanks though haha

P.S made over 300hp on a ebay turbo and bone stock b20 on low boost many years ago with no issues from the turbo. Must just be lucky I guess lol

One more edit, I would never use a turbonetic product. If/when this gets a different turbo it will be from Precision, hell it may end up with my 6262 should I decide to ever step up to a 67mm

Really???

Really???

Lol, figured I would have some fun with the comments being posted.

Yes ebay turbos are hit or miss, but why not use it until it goes. Its not like I have money wrapped up in the turbo. If it fails, oh well I will put the header back on, run it all motor until we buy a legit turbo. BTW alot of bigger name turbo's fail too. If its mechanical, it will break eventually.

Yes ebay turbos are hit or miss, but why not use it until it goes. Its not like I have money wrapped up in the turbo. If it fails, oh well I will put the header back on, run it all motor until we buy a legit turbo. BTW alot of bigger name turbo's fail too. If its mechanical, it will break eventually.

Agreed, anything mechanical well eventually break, ebay product or not! We have most definately gotten the point of the window banner and the hood. Minus those 2 things, the car has a great start with low miles on the rebuild. I'm pretty pumped to have my own build!

• 2 weeks later...

Well today we started buying/doing stuff to the car. First things first was to get it a new windshield. Richardson's in Newark was the cheapest around, safelite was cheaper til they added another $60 in bullshit fee's at the very end of their online quote lol. Anyways its amazing what a new windshield can do to a cars image. It looks a lot nicer already just by getting rid of the old busted one and that Civic banner everyone loved.

The car was missing the side trim pieces on the windshield due to them being removed for pain and lost. So we ordered some new ones with clips from Honda today. Also, since it was nice out I decided to give it a quick rinsing to get the 2inches of dirt/dust off of it. I plan on wetsanding, buffing and full detailing it this weekend.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag53/DaddyBuiltRacing/579729_10151432330841907_679657784_n_zpsfc58a64d.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag53/DaddyBuiltRacing/580703_10151450737480295_438430428_n_zps0140ae8d.jpg