Iphone peeps, jailbreak news!

justinwebb

So if you are like me and jailbreak your phone for added tweaks and such you will be interested that in the coming week a jailbreak will be released for 6.1 on all iphones. They were saying superbowl sunday but it might come a few days later. Might have to be quick about it as Apple is expected to release a fix very shortly after so you need to save your SHSH blobs for 6.1 now if possible.

I'll update it when it comes out but figured I would let people know to save the SHSH and even download the 6.1 IPSW for faster jailbreak

I don't know anything about this so I was reading today to see what the attraction to jailbreaking a phone. I still don't really understand what the big draw is. I could see doing it so you can use a phone on a different carrier but past that I guess I just don't get it. Are the non-approved apps really worth all the headache this seems to come with? I'm not being a smart ass....quite the opposite.....I just don't know much about it.

Tethered or untethered?

Haven't upgraded yet because of this. I refuse to JB on a tethered version. Too many bugs that require restarting. Plus, the JB for5.1.1 is very stable.

it will be untethered, I am still on 5.1.1 as well with my 4S

I don't know anything about this so I was reading today to see what the attraction to jailbreaking a phone. I still don't really understand what the big draw is. I could see doing it so you can use a phone on a different carrier but past that I guess I just don't get it. Are the non-approved apps really worth all the headache this seems to come with? I'm not being a smart ass....quite the opposite.....I just don't know much about it.

I dont know of the headache you speak of, but I have never had one issue with anything that I have installed. I always use the mainstream created apps that are well known not some poorly coded app. There are some that I use multiple times a day.

Folder enhancer allows you to have pages inside folders along with 16 apps per page

SBsettings allows you to turn off and on settings quickly by swiping the top

I have a ton of tweaks in the notification dropdown like flashlight, clear all running apps and other toggles which is also accessible without even unlocking the phone

Bitesms texting app allows for better integration of messages

I could go on but those are the major ones, have never had a single issue in the years I have been doing it, if you need any advice on anything just let me know. I would be glad to help!

Edited by justinwebb

What are your guys favorite tweaks/themes after you jailbreak your phone? Just did mine, so far I have bitesms, and pandora skips. Still looking for a theme I like.

BiteSMS

SBsettings

weebackgroundkill

weeflashlight

springtomize

bulletin

lockinfo

folderenhancer

ifile

n64ios

snes emu

nes emu

and of course appcake and ipastore for cracked apps, you will find some in there that I have cracked as well I am up to around 60 apps lol.

I dont do themes as much any more but I will have to find my list