any tree removal recomendations?

TurboRust

Watch a few episodes of Ax-Men, then cut it down. If you have a chainsaw and an axe, it's not tough. If you do the face-cut and back-cut decently, it really only has one way to fall. If it's leaning at all, this can complicate things, or if it's asymmetrical and much denser/heavier on one side, also a bit tough.

You can guide them though, wrap a rope around the tree towards the middle, and have friends or a vehicle "guide" it one direction or another as it starts to fall.

My dad and I successfully cut down a tree a very large tree that was less than 15 feet from the house, with no issue. As long as you're prepared to cut it into logs and clean up all the brush, actually knocking one down is the easy part.

Is it on your property or is it on a strip of grass between the sidewalk/road. I know we had a tree that was split in half and about to fall, and the city came out and took care of it because it was on the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street.

maybe my 80ft estimate was high.. i'll get pics in the daylight tomorrow.. i have 2 estimates already in the 5-600 range just from dudes that driveby and come to my door.... knock knock knock " hey did you know your tree is dead, here's what we'll charge to cut it down and grind the stump.

maybe my 80ft estimate was high.. i'll get pics in the daylight tomorrow.. i have 2 estimates already in the 5-600 range just from dudes that driveby and come to my door.... knock knock knock " hey did you know your tree is dead, here's what we'll charge to cut it down and grind the stump.

I couldn't/wouldn't TOUCH that price. Just an FYI, a grinder able to grind that stump goes for about $150-200 rented. Im gonna go out on a limb (no pun lol) and say they dont have insurance to do the job. Ill post back when I see pics...

If someone from here does it and needs a place to dump the wood Ill take it.

as long as its not pine :cough: :cough:

Yeah, you definitely want someone with insurance. I've learned my lesson never to use the walk up sales guys. Cost me $1500 in damage to my driveway and they disappeared. With the tight dimensions I bet it will have to be pieced apart and roped down. I would assume a reputable company would be closer to $1000 than $500. I've had luck with Mule Stump Removal. The owners name is Todd. 937.313.2245

If you are going to go with one of the walk up companies, at least get copies of all their bonding and insurance paperwork. If they fuck up, then at least you will have some ammunition to work with. Don't be a trusting sap like I was.