Dodge Dart GT

PRD2BDF

I actually hope that the SRT is not AWD. They'll overprice it, and I really don't think it could compete with the STi and Evo, so it'd be chalked up as a failure. I'd rather see it similar to the Neon SRT4, cheap bare bones turbo fwd. I'd definitely be interested in one for a daily, I loved the Neon SRT4s I've had for what they were.

I actually hope that the SRT is not AWD. They'll overprice it, and I really don't think it could compete with the STi and Evo, so it'd be chalked up as a failure. I'd rather see it similar to the Neon SRT4, cheap bare bones turbo fwd. I'd definitely be interested in one for a daily, I loved the Neon SRT4s I've had for what they were.

no worries about the EVOs as they are no more even with AWD is would not put a dart in the same category as a STI price point (STI runs near 40k).

Isn't a fully loaded Dart around $25k? I figure if the SRT is AWD it'd easily be high 20s, possibly even low 30s depending on what they make standard equipment and whatnot. From a buyers perspective I'd just rather it be kept simple and affordable. Maybe a FWD model and an AWD model? Like the TSI and GST/GSX.

I wonder what the limits on the 1.4 turbo is regarding tunes. The highest HP I've seen is 180 HP in the Fiat 500 Abarth. If the turbo could be tuned for 200 then that'll be a sweet car.

There's a 195whp dart right now that is just bolt ons. No one has a tuning solution yet and from my experience data logging and a few others the car is dangerously lean stock. One company has already cranked boost up to 30+psi. The engine's actually stout (I mean that it can handle high boost).

I have engine mounts, a down pipe and a few more psi on mine right now but there's no point in doing anything else until we have a tuning/fuel solution. I would really like 200+ out of mine and I would be without complaints as far as daily driving the thing.

Also to clear the rumor: Dodge already stated at the Detroit Autoshow no new SRT models will be released until 2016. And the way Dart sales are going I don't know why they would bother producing one.

I wonder what the limits on the 1.4 turbo is regarding tunes. The highest HP I've seen is 180 HP in the Fiat 500 Abarth. If the turbo could be tuned for 200 then that'll be a sweet car.

200 crank horsepower? Sure. I would be amazed if they could do 200+whp on stock turbo. At the end of the day, it's still a tiny displacement, tiny-turbo'd engine.

I like cars that are batshit crazy and try to kill you. They're more fun, you know like whores? They're fun to manhandle

+1

200hp from a fwd dart isn't enough to get someone to move on from even a GLH Omni with bolt ons

Edited by 10phone2

I'll join the crowd in saying I wish this damn thing were RWD. I could even forgive the crappy engine choices at this point, at the least make it FUN to drive. At the auto show this year in Detroit no less than 5 times I walked up to the various versions of it and mentioned to the people I was with how much I WANTED to like it.

Online petition to make a SRT4 RWD version for under $30? Listen to the people, and the people have spoken!

not going to happen. Dodge is content releasing their new 4 cylinders 5-10 years too late. Shelby had an AWD Daytona with a turbo DOHC 2.2 4 cylinder back in the 80's and the dumbasses never moved forward with it.

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/136/a8b3bb27ee4247efae2612a49f493534/l.jpg

not going to happen. Dodge is content releasing their new 4 cylinders 5-10 years too late. Shelby had an AWD Daytona with a turbo DOHC 2.2 4 cylinder back in the 80's and the dumbasses never moved forward with it.

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/136/a8b3bb27ee4247efae2612a49f493534/l.jpg

Probably because they were broke, and those cars wouldn't make them money. It's a different story now. They are actually making money.

Loving the posts from all the uninformed and the BROchure professionals of CR. Good write-up's chums. Keep the good stuff coming. Can anyone else flip to page six and tell me how they like their drive to work? LOL. Slap jawed yokels Edited by Miller

Loving the posts from all the uninformed and the BROchure professionals of CR. Good write-ups's chums. Keep the good stuff coming. Can anyone else flip to page six and tell me how they like their drive to work? LOL. Slap jawed yokels

I like not to fall asleep on my drive to work.

You're on a car enthusiast board. The Dart doesn't appeal to car enthusiasts.