iPhone people. I need some help.

RedRocket1647545505

Just traded in my Gen. 1 Incredible for a new iPhone 5 (still not sure how I feel about that...) and am having some difficulty operating this thing. For starters, this thing is not nearly as user-friendly as Android, which I don't like. Why Apple makes you jump through all these hoops to do something, I will never know.

I need help getting an app onto the homescreen. I downloaded one the other day, and in the middle of it, I got a text. So, I flipped over to the messaging app, assuming the download would finish. Well, it did, however, it didn't drop it onto my homescreen and I cannot figure out how to get it there. The only way I am able to access it is to go in through the 'Apps Store' and open it through there, which is annoying. Is there anyway to now get it onto my homescreen? This thing is starting to annoy me.

Completely restart the phone by holding down the top button and the home button until it turns off. You will see a slide to power off pop up but keep pressing both until it turns off completely then push the top button to power on again. See if it shows up that way

Does it say 'open' or 'install' when you go to it on app store?

You may have to sync with itunes for it to show up on phone.

Try double clicking the 'home' button and see if shows up at the bottom of the screen.

Open.

Completely restart the phone by holding down the top button and the home button until it turns off. You will see a slide to power off pop up but keep pressing both until it turns off completely then push the top button to power on again. See if it shows up that way

That fixed it. Thanks.

:dumb:

inorite? If Verizon would offer a phone the size of the iPhone, I would have jumped on it. But, they insist on making every new phone just a little bigger than the last and I can't stand that. So, I decided I'd give the 'other' platform a try. Maybe it's the learning curve of never having used an Apple product before in my life, but, I don't think the setup is very intuitive at all. If it weren't for the size/form-factor of it, I would not have bought it.

inorite? If Verizon would offer a phone the size of the iPhone, I would have jumped on it. But, they insist on making every new phone just a little bigger than the last and I can't stand that. So, I decided I'd give the 'other' platform a try. Maybe it's the learning curve of never having used an Apple product before in my life, but, I don't think the setup is very intuitive at all. If it weren't for the size/form-factor of it, I would not have bought it.

Word. You should test drive a Galaxy S3, or any phone with a larger screen if you haven't yet. I was the same way, until I actually got one. Now I could never go back.

If you're coming from an OG Incredible and you feel that way, I'd imagine you'd shit yourself if you were to use an Android 4.0 and up device :lolguy:

Word. You should test drive a Galaxy S3, or any phone with a larger screen if you haven't yet. I was the same way, until I actually got one. Now I could never go back.

If you're coming from an OG Incredible and you feel that way, I'd imagine you'd shit yourself if you were to use an Android 4.0 and up device :lolguy:

I was was on ICS on my Incredible and didn't find it complicated. I don't know, maybe it's just the change in formats.

Seems opposite to me. Last week I went in for an upgrade from my iPhone4 and test drove ten other phones. All that droid shit felt alien to me. Hit this button to go to all these apps, this button to go to another group of apps, etc.. so I just went with what I know and got an iPhone5. Everything is simple, all laid out in front of you, and it just works. Maybe if my first phone were a droid I'd feel differently.

back away from the crapple...return to store...return to the warm glow of an android device. Even if you get used to everything else...that screen ain't getting any bigger anytime soon. I just went from a nexus to a note 2 and couldn't be happier.