An honest CL ad - from the "Free" Section!

craig71188

It just made me smile - and worth every cent he was asking for it!!!

(very possibly stirred a "feeding frenzy" among pimple faced high school Honda owners everywhere)

1988 - 1991 Honda Civic / CRX Muffler - Add 30 HP! (Hilliard )

http://images.craigslist.org/3L33I23Ja5Nb5La5I7d2266308287f66a1f68.jpg

Yours for the taking is this awesome muffler for your 1988 - 1991 Honda Civic or CRX.

Affectionately revered as a "fart can" due to its efficacy for producing decibels and moar powr. This advanced piece of engineering starts with a proven (through at least 20 years of use) 1-/34 pipe that goes over the rear control arm that no doubt generates 15 hp unto itself through the well known "Venturi Effect" - look it up on Wikipedia; it has to be true!

This finely tuned pipe is custom mated to a big freaking stainless steel muffler! You can polish it up and impress the sophomores when you cruise the Dairy Queen or hang out with your buds debating the relative merits of EF HF and EG VX variants of the Civic. This muffler is purported to add 10 HP through its less restrictive design, and given the venturi effect of the incoming pipe, will no doubt improve over this.

The best part is the 4" tip finishing this system. It's commonly accepted that a big exhaust tip will not only mesmerize high school girls and impress the guys, but will also let everyone know you are on your way.

Seriously, this is too good to toss in the trash. Somebody can use it. Let me know.

Now THAT is how you should you should write a craigslist post! Beautifully done. Thank god for the most part that scene has passed on from the late 90s early 2000s but oh the memories of fleets of "fast and furious" civics reving and and trying to race anything on the road.

Good find sir!

Well maybe passed wasn't the right word...maybe waning would be the proper term. There will always be a tool bag or three out there with underglow a fart can and suspension on the ground but they are much fewer and far between than they were in the early 2000s.

Atleast...'round these parts