SRT "Core" Models

Mallard

Yes please.

http://jalopnik.com/5982796/chrysler-does-us-all-a-solid-offers-budget-srt-core-models

While other performance-oriented brands are figuring out ways to charge car buyers more and more (often more money for fewer features), Chrysler's SRT brand has the budget-minded enthusiast covered. Cheaper versions of their most powerful cars that forego the luxury features we don't care about? Yes, please.

These so-called "Core" SRT models were unveiled yesterday at the Chicago Auto Show. When they debut this summer, you will be able to buy an Dodge Challenger or Chrysler 300 SRT8 for $5,780 to $7,000 off the normal price, respectively. Those are some pretty decent discounts on V8-powered cars that can do the zero to 60 mph dash in the four second range. The Challenger Core starts at $38,995 and the 300 Core starts at $41,995.

Agreed with Jones, it is a very cool move by Chrysler. It's just too bad there is no Chrysler product besides a Wrangler that I would own.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd rather pour a bucket of fire ants down my pants than own any Chrysler right now, but still, a great move.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd rather pour a bucket of fire ants down my pants than own any Chrysler right now, but still, a great move.

About 3 years ago I would have agreed with you 100%, but the new 300's are really nice. I would totally rock a SRT 300C in the dark gray exterior with that 'saddle' (or what ever they call it) interior. Basically, exactly how it sat on the show floor at NAIAS.

About 3 years ago I would have agreed with you 100%, but the new 300's are really nice. I would totally rock a SRT 300C in the dark gray exterior with that 'saddle' (or what ever they call it) interior. Basically, exactly how it sat on the show floor at NAIAS.

They just don't anything that is appealing to me right now.

Where is their 6mt lightweight awd fun car at?

Everything they make is 4200lb of meh.

Rather than the 300c, I'd always go grab a A6/A8/A7/ or 5 Series ect.

Rather than the 300c, I'd always go grab a A6/A8/A7/ or 5 Series ect.

My neighbor just got a brand new 300C Hemi a few weeks ago and already has the following issues:

1. Drivers side headlight completely filled with moisture.

2. Passanger side headlight does not work.

3. Rear drivers side LED tail lamp is out.

All this in the first two months. I would be so livid if I purchased a new vehicle that already had issues.

My neighbor just got a brand new 300C Hemi a few weeks ago and already has the following issues:

1. Drivers side headlight completely filled with moisture.

2. Passanger side headlight does not work.

3. Rear drivers side LED tail lamp is out.

All this in the first two months. I would be so livid if I purchased a new vehicle that already had issues.

Buddy of mine had the old gen 300c.

Thing ate tie rod ends almost every other oil change.

He eventually bought some with a warranty from a local shop, they did about 6 pairs under warranty. Then some sensor in the transmission shit it's seal and dumped tranny fluid all over his driveway and stranded him.

Something eventually went wrong with the MDS he was told, weird ticks and clicks from the motor. He traded it in at that point.

Great idea but failed attempt. While it is cool you can get one for around 6k cheaper, its still 40k (can get a loaded track pack GT or 1LE for the same price) and i doubt that took out enough weight to make truly competitive with either car i just listed, which is a deal breaker for me.