Never take time with friends for granted....

TTQ B4U

because you never know when they will no longer be with you.

Its a sad night tonight as I've lost yet another friend that I wish I had spent more time with. This time a friend who I met years ago while picking up my son at daycare. She was very cute, bubbly and awesome person who was simply a joy to be around. Someone that if I was to start my life over again, I would have proposed to without question. Our kids got along great and we spent time helping one another in our careers and relationships.

All that said, our lives took a very different path and we were just friends. as with most cases of men and women who remain just friends, we faded in and out with most of our lives being concentrated on our own families.

I was hopeful our paths would cross again soon, when I reached out in hopes of perhaps getting together with our kids and enjoying some more good times. Suprisingly her text message bounced. The number was no good. Her home phone the same...and then the dreaded email bounce.

How could this be as it didn't seem like long ago that we had lunch and talked for hours. One quick Google search and a lump in my throat and I found my friend Julia had passed away suddenly and I never even knew......

This happened to me several years ago when I learned of another similar friend Barb had been killed in a motorcycle accident.

Note to all, slow down in life and take the time to reach out to even distant friends more often. I've lost two that I wish I would have spent more time with over the years.

Sorry for the pity party. Just helps to type it out. RIP my friend.....

Sorry for your loss. I have several people I've met through the years that drift in and out of contact (just how life goes) and if would be tough to learn something like this happened to one of them. I still remember getting the phone call about Kenny's accident, and I have several people I knew in high school that have passed away. It's always tough when someone you knew so closely, and around you same age dies suddenly. I have been thinking of this very thing all day today, as my uncle just died this morning. Life had gotten in the way and I had not seen him since my wedding 4 years ago.

I have several people I've met through the years that drift in and out of contact (just how life goes) I have been thinking of this very thing all day today, as my uncle just died this morning. Life had gotten in the way and I had not seen him since my wedding 4 years ago.

Sorry about your uncle man.

I've been going through looking at pics from our kids together. I think this one hits home so much since she was a single mom yet had adopted two girls around the sames ages as my kids and I was pulling up images my daughter asked when we can get together. Ugh....that feeling. She was only 40 too. Wilson's Disease is what I understand took her life and quickly.