1st C7 casualty.

SpaceGhost

one at a time, thats all we can hope for right now

The more and more and more, I look at this car, the more I love it. I hated the taillights when I first saw the 'leaked' CAD images, etc... and i am now even starting to like those.... I also was iffy on the rear 1/4 glass, and now even like that.... Question is, buy one, or wait a couple more years and see if i can snag a c7z... lol

GM test driver totals C7 Corvette while dodging paparazzi, rep says

Phoenix Arizona (CNN) -- A Chevrolet test driver totaled a C7 Corvette while being "ruthlessly pursued by paparazzi," a GM representative said.

The driver who has not been identified for privacy reasons was performing road testing of a new Corvette C7 in a Canyon in Arizona when two photographers jumped out in front of him.

"The paparazzi jumped out of a vehicle parked around a bend, with cameras, and aggressively approached his vehicle," GM's representative said in a statement. "In an effort to remove himself from the situation, he began to accelerate down the road, at which point his car was cut off by two additional vehicles and subsequently lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a rock wall."

Phoenix Arizona police said the driver crashed his blue Corvette into a rock wall Saturday afternoon.

"The driver of the Corvette stated that he was being chased by paparazzi, causing him to lose control of his vehicle," police said in a statement.

The crash follows a spate of vehicular incidents involving celebrities and paparazzi.

Earlier this month Chris Brown totaled his Porsche in Los Angeles California while allegedly being chased by the paparazzi.

Councilman Jim Waring said the high-speed chase, which he estimated went for 2 miles, ended when the driver of the Corvette C7 crashed his car into a rock wall.

They arent out to 'try' and get people to see them. They no longer have to 'hide' them since the car was released. That is how vehicles are tested, they are driven around, mostly in more remote areas... in different environmental conditions to make sure all sensors/algorithms work properly, and make adjustments as needed....

They arent out to 'try' and get people to see them. They no longer have to 'hide' them since the car was released. That is how vehicles are tested, they are driven around, mostly in more remote areas... in different environmental conditions to make sure all sensors/algorithms work properly, and make adjustments as needed....

i know they're not out to say "HAY GUYZ, COME LOOK AT ME", but if you're gonna put it out on the road, there's no reason to try to evade someone trying to take pictures.

makes cents. try to get away at high speeds vs letting them follow you on what i can only assume are public roads and take pictures. i think if GM didnt want anyone to see it, it wouldnt be on the road. amirite?

the story reeks of bullshit. dude driving could care less about "hiding or evading" the photo Nazi's. He squeaked into the throttle was having an orgasm while doing so and lost control. The story is just BS To cover it up.

Well you caught me picked it up earlier this week, and crashed it. :(

And on lighter note, my three year anniversary of my Z06 is this May, thinking about throwing a landscaping party. You get sunflower seeds as the party gift.

Well you caught me picked it up earlier this week, and crashed it. :(

And on lighter note, my three year anniversary of my Z06 is this May, thinking about throwing a landscaping party. You get sunflower seeds as the party gift.

Only if they are salted :nod: