Furnace Help

KennyFKINPowerz

furnace is a pretty simple machine really....no way you can trouble shoot it for her? I've fixed mine several times due to problems here and there. Mine is under the house in the crawl space so you can imagine how big a pain in the ass that thing is. I would start at the thermostat and work your way from there.

I always love the guys who say this stuff is soo simple....

Lots of DIY Dans out there.

Id help if I wasnt so far away in dayton.

I didn't know shit about a furnace when I bought my house. Now there's very little I can't do to it. I've replaced the tstat, induction fans ( I have 2), induction fan relays, vacuum tube, burners, ignitors, main board ect ect. Trust me....it's not rocket science. When you have a furnace in a crawl space you're going to learn to work on it or spend a small fortune in repair bills. Damp and dusty conditions are not optimal for a furnace. If I would've known more about this stuff going in we wouldn't have bought this house for that very reason alone.

Tstat calls for heat>main board turns the induction fan(s) on>fans pull vacuum that closes relay> mainboard turns on ignitors and gas> burners light>thermocouple verifies flame

that's basically it in a nutshell......start at the beginning of that and trouble shoot your way down the list. The order of the last few steps could vary depending on the ignitor/thermocouple set up but still basically the same.

I always love the guys who say this stuff is soo simple....

Lots of DIY Dans out there.

Id help if I wasnt so far away in dayton.

Sorry don't know much about furnaces, but I know this is a common problem that they will charge you hundreds to fix and can be done easily by anyone.