Train schedules

mmrmnhrm

Anybody know how to reach out to a railroad and find out when trains are scheduled to go by? Thinking of buying a house that backs up against the CSX rails in Powell, and I'd like to see how good a job the existing trees do of noise insulation when one goes wheeling by.

Anybody know how to reach out to a railroad and find out when trains are scheduled to go by? Thinking of buying a house that backs up against the CSX rails in Powell, and I'd like to see how good a job the existing trees do of noise insulation when one goes wheeling by.

Where exactly in powell? Those trains run all hours of the night. Trees offer zero noise dampening. My folks live about 100 yards from the ones that run through lewis center. There are plenty of trees between their house and tracks and it still sounds like you are standing in the rocks.

Where exactly in powell? Those trains run all hours of the night. Trees offer zero noise dampening. My folks live about 100 yards from the ones that run through lewis center. There are plenty of trees between their house and tracks and it still sounds like you are standing in the rocks.

Just south of where the rails cross over Liberty (Jewett Rd). Interested since a couple of friends bought new further north on those tracks, and their builders put up a wooden sound fence (basic picket style, maybe 8' or 10' tall). Their house isn't even 50' off the tracks, and while their kids easily count the (non-flatbed) cars, the adults can still have a conversation at normal speaking levels as they're going by.

Friend of mine lived right next to train tracks when I was a kid. He said they got used to it.

The few times I was in the house when trains came by I have no idea how they did it. It literally shook everything. The house was about 75 yards from tracks and had a row of trees between the train and house.

Oh and dont shoot the train windows with bb guns. He got in severe trouble for that.

Just south of where the rails cross over Liberty (Jewett Rd). Interested since a couple of friends bought new further north on those tracks, and their builders put up a wooden sound fence (basic picket style, maybe 8' or 10' tall). Their house isn't even 50' off the tracks, and while their kids easily count the (non-flatbed) cars, the adults can still have a conversation at normal speaking levels as they're going by.

Heh a friend of mine lives in that neighborhood just to the east of the tracks off jewett. Her house butts up the the tracks. Trains typically don't rip through there like they do other places. Keeps noise levels down. You will get used to them after a few months and wont even notice them anymore. You might even come to appreciate them.