Picking up a DSM have questions

Fubar231

So im going to pick up a 1990 Talon TSI AWD. Its got some mods (big 16g, turbo back, balance shaft eliminator i think, a afpr, some other stuff ill have to get the full list) but it needs tuned.

What should i be looking at to get it tuned? Ive heard a bunch of people using DSMLink, but what are other options? Is there a way to use the factoy ecu or not having to modify it?

I know there are some DSM people here so if anyone wants to give me the run down or something that'd be great.

I would bet that car has a chipped ecm, if it does its not flashable. You could burn eprom chips for it, but that's a pain to tune a car that way. I'm not sure that the flashable ecm would work so ill let others chime in about that. I do know my brothers was tuned on a safc, again though, I'm not sure that would be compatible either.

I would bet that car has a chipped ecm, if it does its not flashable. You could burn eprom chips for it, but that's a pain to tune a car that way. I'm not sure that the flashable ecm would work so ill let others chime in about that. I do know my brothers was tuned on a safc, again though, I'm not sure that would be compatible either.

I don't really want to piggy back this car and have the same problems i had with my supra and piggy backs. If i can get a DSMLink and have it tuned that way for probably what i would have in buying the piggy backs and such id rather do that.

A fully tuneable $500 ecu would be much better than just a $200-$300 fuel controller.