Reintroduction?

Aesthetic_Influx

Hey guys,

After some time away from CR, I'm finally making my way back. Since I switched cars and maybe got a few haircuts while MIA, I thought it was worth doing a pseudo-reintroduction post. So... hi. :fa:

I was probably seen with a dirty VW GLI or goofy autox-stickered 300ZXTT from time to time at C&C over the years. So here's the new DD (and only car so maybe "DD" doesn't fit?)

See everyone in the spring. :lurk:

(hopefully the links work...)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14472297/J88A2254.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mike's making his A5 into a schweet ride.

Great to see you back, mang! You'll be a valuable contributor. :)

After a quad turbo kit and a huge wing, she'll be ready to go.

Nice car.

2.0T?

Manual?

mod plans?

Looks like a premium plus...

Dead on. 2.0T, 6spd, Premium Plus. After a month or so of a basic shakedown, I'm probably going to hop to either APR or AWE for a chip upgrade, throw in a beefier DV, and maybe some sways. Those are the only mod plans before heading down to the Tail of the Dragon this year in May.

Somewhere before or after that I'd like to find a reputable place to get a tint job done.

In the coming year or so?

- AWE intercooler

- APR or AWE downpipe

- AWE quad cat-back, to go with...

- Deval Valence w/S5 or S-Line rear bumper

- H&R Coilovers or H&R OE Sport Springs (still deciding what to do...)

- Some nice 19" wheel/tire option for warm weather

When all of that is done?

- APR K04 kit

I'm not trying to make a beast of a car after all; just a great DD with some extras. Loved the 1.8T in the GLI and can already see that the 2.0T is going to be just as enjoyable.

I suggest APR for your flash, wait for it to go on sale, and you can get a fully loaded (4 programs) for the price of 1 program.

APR and AWE carry hefty price tags for exhaust parts, so I'd find another vendor for your downpipe or turboback.

For coilovers, might want to check out the new Bilstein PSS kit, b14. Its bilstein quality, but without the damping adjustments, and significantly cheaper. KW V1s are good too.

Enjoy the car!

I suggest APR for your flash, wait for it to go on sale, and you can get a fully loaded (4 programs) for the price of 1 program.

APR and AWE carry hefty price tags for exhaust parts, so I'd find another vendor for your downpipe or turboback.

For coilovers, might want to check out the new Bilstein PSS kit, b14. Its bilstein quality, but without the damping adjustments, and significantly cheaper. KW V1s are good too.

Enjoy the car!

Thanks Aaron. I did just that with the GLI and I'm going to do the same again; the sale is perfect and I loved the 4-program setup.

My only concern for the DP is the fitment with the AWE catback in the future, and fit with the existing cat-back. My BB DP on the GLI pushed my OEM cat-back out 3-4 inches and I hated it. :no:

I'll check out the Bilstein kit for sure.

Sorry to see the 300zx go. It was a great example. The A5 looks great though and sounds like it'll turn out great.

Thanks! She's actually in VA with one of my best friends, so honestly it was the best transition possible. Good home, knowledgeable owner, and I know she'll be taken care of from here on out.

Mike, it's great that you're back.

For those not familiar with Mike, he does the best car photography around. He's done my CR calendar car shots and much more. He's the consummate professional to work with on a shoot, and a great car guy.

I can't rep you enough. :thumbup:

Hello new/old guy.....looking forward to catching up with you in May. Or you may be trying to catch me on the Dragon LOL.

Ha, I'll be so far behind you that you'll be wondering if I'm off the mountain. But you know my history... I like starting out as the slow car. ;)

Mike, it's great that you're back.

For those not familiar with Mike, he does the best car photography around. He's done my CR calendar car shots and much more. He's the consummate professional to work with on a shoot, and a great car guy.

I can't rep you enough. :thumbup:

Thanks Doc. Totally appreciate the support! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you've been adding to that crazy garage of yours. Spring can't come soon enough.