Went to range, but left with ...

sol740

I was just planning on shooting, but I've had my eye on a nice CCW wheelgun recently, and decided this piece could use a new home. SW Model 649 357/38. Now I just need to buy some damn ammo, if I can find any.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/e80c88fe-7151-46fe-a1ff-fec5320219a7_zps5982c840.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/20130217_194955-1_zps92bb3c2c.jpg

Is the appeal to a revolver its simplicity?

I don't get why people buy them these days.

I think so. If anything goes wrong, pull the trigger again.

I carry an old 38 revolver some recently, but if the situation and clothing allow, I'll take the 17 rounds of 9 any day.

I've never owned a revolver, shot plenty. Though like everyone else already stated, simplicity is the biggest upside. It also fits really nicely in my coat pocket, doesn't weigh much for a stainless gun, and let's me shoot boh 357, and 38.

Is the appeal to a revolver its simplicity?

I don't get why people buy them these days.

Yes. Reliable too. I have a hammer less 5 shot that slips into my pocket with ease. Great for a carry piece.

We keep a .357 in the nightstand too. Not so much for power as its really overkill, but for the fact that you don't have to worry about springs in a clips, jams or mis feeds ect. Add in a couple speed loaders and it offers more than enough capability.

i carry a lcr everyday. i like it for a carry. like above said if i need it and there is a problem... its alot faster to just pull the trigger again then do a clear. the lcr weighs nothing, fits nicely in any carry situation and gives a nice grip for a compact. only down side is you have 5 rounds. i like to think that i not going to need 10 or 15. although i like to think i never need one too.

I picked up an LCR in 357 last night at gander. I wanted a S&W Lightweight but they didn't have them in 357 mag. Did a full disassembly and first application of froglube as soon as I got home.

If you think a revolver has minimal parts, do a full disassembly and then we'll talk. I'll take a full disassembly of a 1911 any day over a revolver.

I picked up an LCR in 357 last night at gander. I wanted a S&W Lightweight but they didn't have them in 357 mag. Did a full disassembly and first application of froglube as soon as I got home.

If you think a revolver has minimal parts, do a full disassembly and then we'll talk. I'll take a full disassembly of a 1911 any day over a revolver.

+1. Lots of shit hidden in these things.

I've never owned a revolver, shot plenty. Though like everyone else already stated, simplicity is the biggest upside. It also fits really nicely in my coat pocket, doesn't weigh much for a stainless gun, and let's me shoot boh 357, and 38.

Shoot some .38 +p before shooting any 357 out of it

I carry an old 38 revolver some recently, but if the situation and clothing allow, I'll take the 17 rounds of 9 any day.

Same here, my M&P is still my preferred carry pistol. This is for jacket/pocket carry as needed, since the wife generally carries the LCP now.

I had the 642. Nice gun. The 649 was just too much recoil for me. The 642 with +p was too much.

Just going to shoot enough to stay familiar with it at defensive ranges, and not so much for fun/plinking. I imagine .357 with this small frame will feel a bit jumpy, I'm hoping the steel eats some of it.

Just going to shoot enough to stay familiar with it at defensive ranges, and not so much for fun/plinking. I imagine .357 with this small frame will feel a bit jumpy, I'm hoping the steel eats some of it.

I got mine from former Blackwing member and I remember him telling me that women were buying the 649, stinging their wrists and even dropping them due to recoil....lol