9 Second Street GTR

wagner

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would yal like to see a m6 stock ls2 c6 run a high 9 pass with the cheapest bolt on TT kit available? Don't have launch control, full interior, only 9.5psi, and takes more than your right index finger to pilot? About that. It's quite amazing the gtr with shown mods can do that. But look how easy it is for it. Lc in gauge, light turns green click. Maintain clicks or just let the computer shift for you and 9sec passes. Idk I'm just not a fan of computers doing majority of the work for me. It's like the bull dozers with gps. Does all the work for the operator so how can he take pleasure he done a kick ass job?

I've got a few clients who could probably do it.

Kirk it might be time for me to get a GTR seems like it does not take a great deal of work to make it fly.

I will admit its fun to row the gears in my cobra/vette. The stock gtr is a little too quiet. I literally almost fell asleep at the wheel going out with my wife Saturday. But the car is just so quick from a standstill. It's almost funny to look over at someone at a stop light and just leave them. Wet pavement? No problem. Cold pavement? No problem. Just floor it and the car goes. I drove my mustang a few weeks ago to Chicago and couldn't even get half throttle on the car for fear it would spin out. Not the case in the gtr. It's the perfect car for the Midwest

Hey guys, I plan on doing similar mods to my gtr this summer. I'm flying the builder/tuner here to work on my car in my garage (seriously). Should I claim a 9 second pass or do you think it's too early.

Idk Kirk.. I mean it takes some REAL talent to be able to use the gtr launch control and keep a state of the art awd vehicle in a straight line. Some are even able to do it in "manual mode"!!! After all, only a few gtr guys are able to get into the 9's with bolt ons. Impressive vehicles! :megusta:

Idk Kirk.. I mean it takes some REAL talent to be able to use the gtr launch control and keep a state of the art awd vehicle in a straight line. Some are even able to do it in "manual mode"!!! After all, only a few gtr guys are able to get into the 9's with bolt ons. Impressive vehicles! :megusta:

Let's play "How much talent does it take to......."

The game uses a scale from 1 to 10.

1 Being something that takes almost no skill at all. A single celled organism may be able to complete this task.

10 Being something incredibly difficult. Think putting a man on the moon.

I'll start.

How much talent does it take to............ Defraud the government out of welfare, use those funds to build a shitbox Salvage title car, then benchrace the POS while it's in pieces......

Answer: 1

Let's play "How much talent does it take to......."

The game uses a scale from 1 to 10.

1 Being something that takes almost no skill at all. A single celled organism may be able to complete this task.

10 Being something incredibly difficult. Think putting a man on the moon.

I'll start.

How much talent does it take to............ Defraud the government out of welfare, use those funds to build a shitbox Salvage title car, then benchrace the POS while it's in pieces......

Answer: 1

How does that relate to a gtr? We are talking about Godzilla here. Not my pos salvage vette in pieces or your weak ass mustang

How much talent does it take to............... Complete Med School, Become a surgeon, pay cash for a car that with little mods and minimal driving skills can run nine second ETs.......

Answer: 8

Lol I bet your panties would get chapped if I tell you how much I make a year. You don't need to attend med school to achieve a gtr.. If I lived in mommy's basement like a well known individual with no life on this forum I could be sporting a gtr as well as my pos vette (with current mods) and be cool like Kirk(not referring Kirk or you living with mommy) ..

Lol I bet your panties would get chapped if I tell you how much I make a year. You don't need to attend med school to achieve a gtr.. If I lived in mommy's basement like a well known individual with no life on this forum I could be sporting a gtr as well as my pos vette (with current mods) and be cool like Kirk(not referring Kirk or you living with mommy) ..

I wouldn't consider it what you make, rather what you take.

And he doesn't live in a double wide. Oh and he owns a C6 ZO6, and a CTS-V. Don't elude you have anywhere near the DISPOSABLE income he does. You are not fooling anyone here.

If you were earning an income I would be happy for you, not chapped at all. I am also fully aware that a Doctorate is not required to be wealthy or "achieve a GTR".

pro tip: Kirk's wealth and cars don't make him "cool". His general demeanor does.

If you were earning an income I would be happy for you, not chapped at all. I am also fully aware that a Doctorate is not required to be wealthy or "achieve a GTR".

pro tip: Kirk's wealth and cars don't make him "cool". His general demeanor does.

Pro tip: pssst; I was being sarcastic!

Kirk will you do any tranny work or keep stock driveline

Stock driveline at this power level. I just got mid pipe, down pipes, intake, injectors, fuel pumps, and the tuning software. I will probably stick to pump gas, but with pumps and injectors I could go for e85 if I want. Could make as much as 600-ish awd which is likely around what the car in the video might make. The software also changes how the transmission shifts, which is hard to imagine it shifting any faster/harder. I could take pictures of all my car parts for this car to sound/look like a badass, but picture a small box with injectors, pumps, a little piping and a jump drive/cable. Nothing crazy

As stated you don't necessarily earn the money, despite what you think. For me, being able to 'afford' a car means you can walk into a dealership and buy one brand new off the showroom floor. Which is exactly what I did---while dressed as a pirate straight from Disney world with my 3 year old boy. Just for the fuck of it.

If I say I'm going to go out and buy a corvette, you wouldn't assume I was talking about getting a 1990 base model with 100k miles on it, for $6k

plans on turbos down the road

We'll see. Upgraded turbos for sure, need upgraded trans ($15-20k), and upgraded internals on the motor. That's where things get expensive. I've turned cars into undriveable disasters in the past, by modding past the point of what can be driven comfortably. It's a fine line, and many times irreversible. Right now, my vette is perfect--no more power mods. Doing turbos in the gtr could happen in the future. Right now the car is a blast to drive, and I drive this bitch in the ice, snow, rain. Fuck, I might take it offroading this weekend