I want to start eating better..

Green Bastard

I lose weight best through ketosis, I do subscribe to a pre-contest BB plan. Chicken, Broccoli, almonds 6 times a day; glycogen refeed every 18th meal.

I posted the link earlier, I'm sure you are intimately familiar with the methods:

http://www.scivationbooks.com/gameover.htm

Have you ever tried metoblic typing? I would assuming you are a fast oxidizer, i would suggest using a minimal amount of carbs as glucose is a major factor in brain function but if you see no negative side effects then great.

What everyone needs to know is diet is trial and error. It takes time and effort to figure out what your body needs and wants.

Going off what little i have seen here what is your primary goal?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen to lenager, if its one thing that he knows its fitness.

Bodybuilding.com should be your best friend, it has a ton of different goal oriented workout plans and most have meal plans that go along with it. ive personally dropped 28lbs and most of the stuff i get is off that website. cut the bs out of your diet and get on a strict plan. it takes about 2 weeks of consistent work to become normal but the 1st 2 wks are miserable

Me and my girl got a Vitamix and have been upping our fruit and veggie consumption.

A good documentary to watch is Forks over Knives. It can give you some insight on how foods have an effect on you and what things you should start looking to eat as well as how much.

Have you ever tried metoblic typing? I would assuming you are a fast oxidizer, i would suggest using a minimal amount of carbs as glucose is a major factor in brain function but if you see no negative side effects then great.

I've never done metabolic typing. I've done the cut diet 3 times before and been successful each time. I use KetoStrips to ensure that I am ketonic. The Glycogen refeed every 18th meal typically provides enough stores that I don't get the super foggy hypoglycemic feeling.

I am typically a vegan but since I've moved south it is much hard to do so cleanly. I am 5'8 now at 185 with a fairly muscular build (32" waist, 44" chest). At 165 I am fairly shredded and vascular. I'll probably be satisfied at 170 but I typically go lower than I originally plan, at a certain point though the losses are attributed to muscle catabolization. That's me /Thread jack.

Constant cardio and cutting out soda/candy, all high-fat/high-calorie foods that aren't nutritionally beneficial. I've been steadily cutting weight for the past year and a half, and lost 50+lbs (more during summer when you burn more weight just sitting in the sun, sweating). Just eat basically healthy foods, don't overdo it on protein, etc. I'd recommend running, biking, or using a rowing machine for at least 30 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week. Couple that with healthy eating, and weight loss isn't hard at all, it just takes consistency.

What everyone needs to know is diet is trial and error. It takes time and effort to figure out what your body needs and wants.

Steven - what are your thoughts on IIFYM?

1200-1500 is about right for an average male.

Majority of that should be consumed by 6pm and 40-50% of it should be protein. Fill your dinner with green leafy veggies and a small portion of berries for your carbs. This alone will help you see weight loss. Anything consumed after 6pm should be broccoli or green veggies as they offer minimal calories and alot of fiber.

Strong broscience.