Laser Eye Surgery

justcause

It was the best decision I have ever made. I had it about 2 years ago now and no issues. I paid for a reputable group that provides lifetime annual exams and free "touch ups" if it was ever needed.

It's painless...more of a discomfort and pressure during the procedure. Really quick...in and out in only a few mins.

I think total was around 3000.

I had mine done over a year ago. Best decision I have ever made. Surgery was quick and easy, totally painless. 24 hours after surgery I was 20/15 and that was coming from 20/400. I had mine done at Revision buy Dr. Schumer. They have an office in Polaris. Mine was right around $4k.

Lasik Plus here in 2004. My wife had it done in 2011 there as well. She had all-laser lasik.

Find the laser for your problem, not the company. Each one has different lasers and you need the laser that does your particular problem.

Lasik Plus here in 2004. My wife had it done in 2011 there as well. She had all-laser lasik.

Find the laser for your problem, not the company. Each one has different lasers and you need the laser that does your particular problem.

How do you find out what kind of laser you need?

For me I had large pupils. I did research via the FDA for the laser that did a pupil diameter greater than mine. B&L Technolicas. Then I found a Dr. that had one.

Get a consult or two and find out if they do all laser (much cleaner incision) and see if your eyes have any difficult anomalies (pupil diameter, odd shaped eye, etc...).

Then figure out which laser out there intersects with your vision problem.

Or chuck $300 at some schmuck and hope.

Interested in this thread. Does any insurance cover parts of the cost or is it ALL out of pocket?

I have really bad 'dry eye' because i wear my contacts so much. Does anyone know if this will fix that too?

I got mine done at the Laser Vision Institute back in 2001. Still good so far.

As far as insurance. I know mine at the time covered one location, forget which one but still came out more then what it was where I went without insurance. I did mine right before the boom of when they were doing it super cheap. Mine was $4k and the year after i think there were places like Bloomberg doing them as low as $499.

I'd say this is one of the best things i've ever done in my life. It's well worth it.

just my .02.

-D

I have held off due to I'm fine with glasses and contacts. I like the idea myself and would have to done for around $1200 since that would be the cost of the surgery from my wife's doc she works for. I just don't want to deal with any problems with night vision of they would happen.

LasikPlus said they could do the procedure for $3600.00 total. That was after the 15% discount from the Anthem. I only have $2500.00 in my flex spending and only put away and extra $500 from my tax return to pay for the procedure.

My eyes are not horrible. -4.50 in my left eye and -4.00 in the right.

My next appointment is scheduled for March 9th with Bloomberg. Hopefully they will fall within my budget.

Edited by justcause

LasikPlus said they could do the procedure for $3600.00 total. That was after the 15% discount from the Anthem. I only have $2500.00 in my flex spending and only put away and extra $500 from my tax return to pay for the procedure.

My eyes are not horrible. -4.50 in my left eye and -4.00 in the right.

My next appointment is scheduled for March 9th with Bloomberg. Hopefully they will fall within my budget.

My eyesight was very similar. Still the best decision I've ever made.

Look into care credit. Ive never used them, but the doctor my mom works for uses it there. Its for medical stuff and you can get 0% for like 18 months.

I used it to pay for mine. Super easy to deal with and 0% interest for 12 months to pay it off.

I'm deathly afraid I'll be the lucky one to lose my eyesight after a lasik procedure. I simply love looking at butts too much to lose my eyesight.

this would be my luck as well , have thought about getting it done at some point.

also i have used care credit and usually get a 0% for xx months when using it. but after that the interest rate is insane,

So for the people who had it done already would you do it again?

Sure would and most likely will have to. I have near and far site issues. The far is great but they told me after 5 years up close can start to deteriorate. It is now for me. Also at the time they "balanced" the site for each eye. one far and one close. I want to get both eyes done for both distances.