Brake fluid

Miller

Gents,

I've upgraded (well I have the parts) for a new brake system for my 82 fox. I'm wondering what type of fluid would you recommend? What are the differences in the grades? Can I run the newest and best type fluid without issue?

Super blue is only a few degrees wet boiling point higher then OEM Vw fluid, so not sure I agree with that in general.

Had super blue in my GTI for flushing/bleeding ease (its blue and makes it easy to see what's old/new) and had no issues.

I'll be going more extreme in the r too.

Motul RBF 600 or RBF (endless) 650 depending on your budget. :masturboy:

IPS Carries the 600 in stock.

I've used the Super Blue on the streets for years without any issues though, but can't comment on extended track performance.

Really nice firm pedal feel vs oem.

I got a bunch of 600 that I'll be swapping to shortly.

Motul RBF 600 or RBF (endless) 650 depending on your budget. :masturboy:

IPS Carries the 600 in stock.

I've used the Super Blue on the streets for years without any issues though, but can't comment on extended track performance.

Really nice firm pedal feel vs oem.

I got a bunch of 600 that I'll be swapping to shortly.

Thank you Jones.

Meeler- PM sent.

Motul 600 is WAY better than blue.

Perfect test mule was my old M3. Heavy ass car used at the track with agressive pads and not enough brake cooling.

I'd have to bleed blue after every single day. Couldn't even make it through a 2 day event without getting air in the system.

Switched to Motul 600 and was able to extend that to 2 days before needing a bleed.

The new 660 is nice but in my opinion only needed in really extreme situations. I can run 600 in the GT3 for damn near the whole season with just an occasional bleed here and there.

It's my cruiser but I will drive the dog shit out of it at the track several times a year. You guys will like my setup in the build thread. I've got a 13 inch cobra front setup for her :) Still haven't figured out the rear's direction yet.

Patty - thanks man. I will be in touch.

It's my cruiser but I will drive the dog shit out of it at the track several times a year. You guys will like my setup in the build thread. I've got a 13 inch cobra front setup for her :) Still haven't figured out the rear's direction yet.

Patty - thanks man. I will be in touch.

You'd better be.

Is it a 5-Lug swap?

I remember reading a white paper by a guy named James Walker Jr a few years ago, I think it used to be on Stop Tech's website. He teaches some SAE seminars, guy knows his stuff. But it seems they changed the article on their website. I don't have time to read through both of these right now, but I'm sure they have some very good info.

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/brake-fluid

http://www.centricparts.com/files/Centric%20White%20Paper%20D1-Brake%20Fluid%201A.pdf

2nd one has a part from that guy, so probably the same info.

Edited by Trouble Maker