Finished with the National Guard

Hahn

Drill weekends consisted of sitting around doing nothing

EL OH FUCKING EL!

Yeah if I saw people sitting around bullshitting and smoking and such when they should be drilling I'd feel that way too.

What a shame there are units like that giving the Guard a bad name.

I agree, and glad to see you come back in. I think the leadership needs to make the decision to be the example. Do the extra needed to be thorough. And care enough to make corrections and hold the standards. I could stay on that soap box all day.

I hope to one day be in a position influential enough to make a difference. My biggest complain about the military is how it is continually getting softer and more "PC". I don't it seems more like a equal rights group anymore. You really can't even administer any "punishments" anymore to subordinates when needed. People just show up for college pay and go home.

Not sure if its the same or similar, but a buddy of mine re-enlisted with the 445th at Wright-patt as a flight nurse. Working with the army in the past, Air Reserves/Guard is the only way to go.

You gotta take the good with the bad. At this point, I'm looking at the retirement benefits. If I were to retire today, I would be getting a $960 check every month and free(-ish) healthcare when I turn 58.

Oh, and when selecting a school, pick a degree that you can use in real life.

There is a reserve flight medic slot in FT Knox and Johnstown PA. They are flying the new M model blackhawk too...

If this was a year ago I could have offered you a flight medic job here in texas and kept you on full time orders till we deploy in may.

Air Guard might have flight nurses but i know that there "flight medics" are primarily medics used on planes not choppers, so not really what im looking for. Plus i already looked into the Air Guard and theyre not really taking anybody. And as far as a school degree, im in the process of getting my Paramedic certification, then need one more semester at CSCC for my Assoc. in EMS/Fire Science.

If you can find a Flight medic slot let me know. My chain of command pretty much did nothing for me when i mentioned it, had to do the research myself and found nothing.

Im a 68W (medic). And when i say training, im not talking being sent to schools, im saying we didnt even train at the unit level.

I deff can see it as a stepping stone and i will deff enjoy my freedom out. I just wish i couldve got more out of it.

Didn't you have a Supra? 80's body style Gray? I think I remember talking to you once or twice. You seemed pretty smart. I had the Purple AWD Talon. I know a CPT at the Johnstown unit, I might be able to get you a interview at the Knox one. Its a little drive from columbus, but the Reserves really needs Flight medics.

There is a reserve flight medic slot in FT Knox and Johnstown PA. They are flying the new M model blackhawk too...

If this was a year ago I could have offered you a flight medic job here in texas and kept you on full time orders till we deploy in may.

I wouldnt rule out the reserves. I just couldnt get much info on them when i was looking. I wouldnt mind the drive to Knox or PA either, been driving to Toledo for 5 years so cant be much worse. Let me know.

Didn't you have a Supra? 80's body style Gray? I think I remember talking to you once or twice. You seemed pretty smart. I had the Purple AWD Talon. I know a CPT at the Johnstown unit, I might be able to get you a interview at the Knox one. Its a little drive from columbus, but the Reserves really needs Flight medics.

Wasnt me, but ill take the smart compliment. Let me know what you need from me as far as more info, etc.

Also, im in Paramedic school now (be done in Dec) and i know that Flight medics now go through P school, would i just fast track through that or have to go through it again? Thanks for the help fellas.

I wouldnt rule out the reserves. I just couldnt get much info on them when i was looking. I wouldnt mind the drive to Knox or PA either, been driving to Toledo for 5 years so cant be much worse. Let me know.

Wasnt me, but ill take the smart compliment. Let me know what you need from me as far as more info, etc.

Also, im in Paramedic school now (be done in Dec) and i know that Flight medics now go through P school, would i just fast track through that or have to go through it again? Thanks for the help fellas.

Have you deployed before? What awards rank and what's your age. You Jane a pretty good rep on here so I don't see why I wouldn't point you in the right direction. Sounds like your recruiter and career counselor are fucking you. I'll see what numbers I can drum up this week.

Have you deployed before? What awards rank and what's your age. You Jane a pretty good rep on here so I don't see why I wouldn't point you in the right direction. Sounds like your recruiter and career counselor are fucking you. I'll see what numbers I can drum up this week.

Deployed to Afghanistan, got back in Sep. E-4, BS blanket awards, AAMs and such.

Deployed to Afghanistan, got back in Sep. E-4, BS blanket awards, AAMs and such.

Ok, I talked to a few medics at ft Knox. They are going to want to talk to you and interview you. Also make you do some

Practicals. Pm me your name/number and I will forward it to Cpt brook to give to them.