NKorea vows preemptive nuke strikes against US

Spidey2721

shit just got real

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/un-security-council-set-to-impose-fourth-round-of-even-tougher-sanctions-against-north-korea/2013/03/07/cd71818a-86f4-11e2-a80b-3edc779b676f_story.html

another story on it. heard it on a breaking news story just a lil bit ago.

"Since the United States is about to ignite a nuclear war, we will be exercising our right to preemptive nuclear attack against the headquarters of the aggressor in order to protect our supreme interest,"

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-says-exercise-preemptive-nuclear-attack-against-092109134.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they really launched a nuclear attack that even halfway succeeded the entire country would likely be wiped off the face of the Earth, least it could be probably within hours if not minutes... And all this talk about China being their Allie, thats fine but if North Korea really does take major action China would likely give little support past selling weapons and supplies behind closed doors. Which is no different than our or any other government does during times of war for other nations.

If they really launched a nuclear attack that even halfway succeeded the entire country would likely be wiped off the face of the Earth, least it could be probably within hours if not minutes...

A few minutes tops.

The thing is, i don't know about anyone else, but i don't want to be around when their bluff really isn't a bluff.

Well I was taking into the account that they will have to probably find Obama on one of his Vacations or something first.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fdwEt1DTtjU/S7_M_j6aeOI/AAAAAAAAARQ/5iP5a21hhFE/s1600/1112_no_nukes.jpg

If they really launched a nuclear attack that even halfway succeeded the entire country would likely be wiped off the face of the Earth, least it could be probably within hours if not minutes...

No we would spend trillions of dollars setting up bases to unsuccessfully win their hearts and minds over the course of ten years

Nothing too unusual for North Korea. The tiniest dogs often do the most yapping.

It wouldn't be too big an adjustment for that country if they were "bombed back into the Stoneage."

Saber rattling, I'm sure. Still, you can't sit on a threat like that. It doesn't matter to me who you are or how unlikely you are to follow through, but you theaten me with a gun, etc, I'm taking it seriously. Same thing here just on a much grander scale.

Saber rattling, I'm sure. Still, you can't sit on a threat like that. It doesn't matter to me who you are or how unlikely you are to follow through, but you theaten me with a gun, etc, I'm taking it seriously. Same thing here just on a much grander scale.

Oh you know they moved a few nuclear submarines around and put some extra bombers in the air/on alert.

This is just my opinion...

I don't think that North Korea will nuke us, I wouldn't put it past them to try to start a war though. Their leader would have to know he would be completely decimated, however the U.S. has a habbit of helping a country to rebuild that we devistated by war.

http://chartercities.org/images/14.jpg

This night time satellite view should help explain why they would want to start a war to rebuild.

Those that are young, and dont know much, or care to know much, about history, wont get that NK has used this approach for DECADES. Make deep threats that htey assuredly can't measure up, in order to try to get their voice on the world stage. They only keep doing nuclear tests in defiance in order to try to use it as leverage.

This is just my opinion...

I don't think that North Korea will nuke us, I wouldn't put it past them to try to start a war though. Their leader would have to know he would be completely decimated, however the U.S. has a habbit of helping a country to rebuild that we devistated by war.

http://chartercities.org/images/14.jpg

This night time satellite view should help explain why they would want to start a war to rebuild.

Guess it wouldn't cost us much to rebuild, seems like I'd be more worried about them not having shit to lose. Besides isn't it the old dictator's son running shit now? Think punk ass young dictator has something to prove?

A bluff sure wouldn't surprise me, but that doesn't mean they're smart.

You people act like N Korea has a missile that can reach and actually hit the US.

Who cares if they have an atomic weapon. Nuclear warheads have always been much easier to build than the rockets that deliver them.

Rockets and nukes are inversely proportional technologies:

Nukes: extremely hard materials to acquire and refine, easy to build and operate

Rocket: easy materials to acquire and refine, extremely hard to build and operate

Guess it wouldn't cost us much to rebuild, seems like I'd be more worried about them not having shit to lose. Besides isn't it the old dictator's son running shit now? Think punk ass young dictator has something to prove?

A bluff sure wouldn't surprise me, but that doesn't mean they're smart.

I'm not sure if his son has taken over yet or not, last time I paid attention (when my brother-in-law was stationed in S. Korea) I remember hearing something about it, but he had not at that time. Either way with the poor economy and the no fucks given attitude that generally comes from N. Korea, I think they would be dumb enough to try to wage war against us just to have us rebuild for them.