70 MPH Speed limits coming soon?

99StockGT

From a man who drive a hybrid....

Would anyone here willing to pay $500 a year to legally drive 100mph on the interstate and subject their cars under stringent inspection? That was one of the questions I got ask by a local law maker. And I said yes, but my odyssey did not make the "stringent inspection".

Where do I send my check?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes no difference to me, I will still be cruising in the slow lane trying to keep my MPG's up.

Yeah I'm with you on that... Cant wait to get rid of this range rover as my daily. Getting a Bimmer in the next week or 2 if I can find the right one.

Aren't you also allowed to have a loaded gun OR an open container there but not both? Or is that just Mississippi?

We up here in the rust belt also drive cars held together with bungee cords duct tape and a prayer. Not to overly generalize but, I would say typically there's aren't as many rattle traps rusting while going down the highway in good 'ole Tejas.

I miss the 80mph speed limits in arizona!

Eh?? Where? I've been on every inch of interstate in AZ here and most every other main road and never seen anything above 75mph. People do drive at 80-85 all the time though they can't handle these speeds.

Eh?? Where? I've been on every inch of interstate in AZ here and most every other main road and never seen anything above 75mph. People do drive at 80-85 all the time though they can't handle these speeds.

This, 17 north of Pheonix is 75, and 40 is 75....

This, 17 north of Pheonix is 75, and 40 is 75....

Texas and Utah are the only states I've seen 80mph limits. I traverse I-17 every day usually at least up to Camp Verde or Flagstaff once a week, it's 75 for about half of it.

There was another fatal wreck today in Mesa, people can't handle the speeds here at all and U.S.60(Superstition Fwy) in the valley here has been rated one of the most dangerous highways in the country almost continually. Like it's been said, people already average 5 above the current limit so raising it will just add to the problems.

Texas and Utah are the only states I've seen 80mph limits. I traverse I-17 every day usually at least up to Camp Verde or Flagstaff once a week, it's 75 for about half of it.

There was another fatal wreck today in Mesa, people can't handle the speeds here at all and U.S.60(Superstition Fwy) in the valley here has been rated one of the most dangerous highways in the country almost continually. Like it's been said, people already average 5 above the current limit so raising it will just add to the problems.

"can't handle" lol

60 was 65 MPH around Gilbert and Mesa last time I was there.

Make it so you have to get a doctorate in transportation in order to get a driver license. Pay bus drivers $200k+ a year to transport people so they are free to eat, get drunk, text, do their hair, etc. Remove the speed limit and fine people for being fat as a way to make up for the lost revenue from removed moving violations. Have kids saying I want to be a bus driver when I grow up and have bus-driver-butt be a turn on to the average person. That's much better than being able to drive a little bit faster.

If only a day would come where classes of drivers licenses came to standard transportation like their is in trucks/heavy machines. Advanced drivers licenses for people with cars who qualify and who pass much more difficult drivers exams. I'm sure it's an exhaust pipe dream but it's a nice one.

How much would a "faster" lane cost to put around the 270 loop? Make we can pass around the hat?

Make it so you have to get a doctorate in transportation in order to get a driver license. Pay bus drivers $200k+ a year to transport people so they are free to eat, get drunk, text, do their hair, etc. Remove the speed limit and fine people for being fat as a way to make up for the lost revenue from removed moving violations. Have kids saying I want to be a bus driver when I grow up and have bus-driver-butt be a turn on to the average person. That's much better than being able to drive a little bit faster.

I have a commercial driving license, I approve this post.

Oh, this doesn't EXACTLY belong on this thread but this morning omw into work I heard the new numbers on traffic light cameras. In 2012 Columbus made just over $2,000,000 on traffic light cameras which we are now up to a total of 38. That's more than both 2010 and 2011 combined.

Just another thought :)

Oh, this doesn't EXACTLY belong on this thread but this morning omw into work I heard the new numbers on traffic light cameras. In 2012 Columbus made just over $2,000,000 on traffic light cameras which we are now up to a total of 38. That's more than both 2010 and 2011 combined.

Just another thought :)

Vote em out, most down here are gone now as people took it to the ballots on the speed cameras and some of the red light cameras. Or do like I just saw the other day and run over the red light camera with your car, if I could have I would of shaken the guys hand!!

somewhere on the back roads near appache trail they were 80

I know there have been a ton of destruction issues with the cameras, people hitting them, cutting them down, shooting them with paint balls, etc...just imagine how much we the tax payers get to pay to fix the damn things! Unfortunately most things in government if it don't work or gets broke...pay more to fix it!