CB1000r, correction make that FZ8

Cordell

Has anyone had any experience with these? I was at the Honda store today looking around and I'm falling in love with this new bike. It has a comfortable seating position for me since its not the rr and sits a little more upright, seems like it has everything I want and the deal wasn't horrible anyway.

Of course it would be a jump from my little shadow but I'm tired of being so slow and dragging pegs everywhere I go. So I'm looking at options and would love some opinions. Obviously I'm kind of partial to Honda bikes and Atvs, stopped by Iron Pony and looked at the Yamaha and Suzuki counterparts and wasn't too excited. Thoughts?

Edited by Cordell

holy abomination...

Well its a Honda so it already fails...

Why not just mod the shadow ? There is a huge aftermarket for those, im sure there are some go fast goodies, they make some sweet custom handle bars for them too :) you don't need something fast there speedracer.

btw nice seeing you last week bud

I don't think any amount of modding is going to make the Shadow into the bike you want. That CB1000r is a strong bike. If money is a factor, you may want to check what your insurance company is going to want for an annual premium on that. It might shock you how much more it is than for the Shadow.

holy abomination...

Well its a Honda so it already fails...

Why not just mod the shadow ? There is a huge aftermarket for those, im sure there are some go fast goodies, they make some sweet custom handle bars for them too :) you don't need something fast there speedracer.

btw nice seeing you last week bud

Was nice seeing you too, but like Doc said, you can't mod a slow ass bike into anything special. It's still going to top out at 100mph and drag its pegs around every corner. The Shadow just bores me and i want something else.

I don't think any amount of modding is going to make the Shadow into the bike you want. That CB1000r is a strong bike. If money is a factor, you may want to check what your insurance company is going to want for an annual premium on that. It might shock you how much more it is than for the Shadow.

I have checked into the insurance, it goes from about $200 a year to $900 a year for the same coverage.

Honda's are very reliable. Not the fastest or highest horsepower of the liter group, however will be a vast improvement from your shadow. Do a pipe/ power commander, and go -1 on the front sprocket and It will be plenty quick enough for you.

Without the pic showing up on my phone, I would guess based on the name its similar to the Honda hornet and the cb1200r. If it does resemble those bikes, then it is one I would get for sure if I could afford it. I have always loved the looks of a factory naked sport bike, and I have always been a fan of Honda's for their reliability. I have wanted the 919 hornet for a while now, either that or kawasaki's Eddie Lawson replica bike.

Well after weighing out my options and costs I went and looked at a Yamaha FZ8 at Iron Pony today. I really like the FZ8 as it has a much better price point and fits my needs better. So I will likely be picking one of these up later this week.

http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=18497&w=200

Well after weighing out my options and costs I went and looked at a Yamaha FZ8 at Iron Pony today. I really like the FZ8 as it has a much better price point and fits my needs better. So I will likely be picking one of these up later this week.

http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=18497&w=200

I really liked this bike as well when I looked at it, can't go wrong with Yamaha!!