Lettuce talk ar complete uppers

criitter7

I'm looking to an upper for the lower I bought. I'm a gun newbie, but I've been looking around and still don't know what is what enough to buy. I want a cheaper gun, as I will only be shooting at ranges ect. But I don't want something not reliable, I was looking at rock river upper but to many choices and options. So if you would point me in right direction

Thanks

But yeah, if you are going to buy a complete lower instead of piece one together you would be better off getting one that includes a bolt carrier group (bcg) since they are hard to come by. I would suggest getting a 16" barrel (nothing shorter) with a midlength gas system. Best bet would be to keep an eye on Bravo Company's website, but be ready to spend some money there. Otherwise, its a waiting game to see what pops up that is what you want.

Is there enough pieces available to piece one together? Doesn't look like it where I've been looking. All the small stuff is available but the big parts are out of stock. I figured finding a complete would be faster to get and less painful

PSA uppers doesn't come with BCG, they are 400-500 depending on the barrel you get. Then you are looking for another 300 for BCG and CH, or backorder one for 200 and wait a year.

Spikes are the Best Bang for your buck, Great uppers and they do come with BCGs and charge handles and priced around 550-750 depending on what forearm you get. But they are on a year backorder unless you can find someone that has it in stock.

BCM uppers are pricey and doesn't come with BCG.

DD uppers.. you are better off building one your self for 2/3rd the price.

Since you guys are on the topic, anyone suggest a 7.62x39 AR upper? In-stock (dealer or private), seen a few with 6-8 week backorder but nothing in a name I recognize.

I cant say I've ever looked for a 7.62x39 upper but I'm guessing that the in stock thing is your problem 6-8 weeks is reasonable right now.

Threadjack, what brand of AR should i be looking for... abd be looking to steer clear of?

Look for

Colt, Daniel Defense, Bravo Company, LMT, POF, LWRC, LaRue, Knights Armament, Spikes Tactical

Stay away from... well not stay away from, they will be good plinkers.. but wouldn't be a good SHTF rifle.

Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic Arms, polymer ARs,

Look for

Colt, Daniel Defense, Bravo Company, LMT, POF, LWRC, LaRue, Knights Armament, Spikes Tactical

Stay away from... well not stay away from, they will be good plinkers.. but wouldn't be a good SHTF rifle.

Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic Arms, polymer ARs,

I agree with this, but the Colt and DPMS are backwards. DPMS isn't terrible, but Colt is over rated IMO.

I agree with this, but the Colt and DPMS are backwards. DPMS isn't terrible, but Colt is over rated IMO.

I'm pretty sure you are mistaken.. DPMS is bottom of the barrel AR. I consider it Junk. Colt is what every AR15 strives to be. Colt developed the Army's Technical Data Package (TDP) for their M4s. Every Colt rifle colt produces follows the TDP.(well not the length of the barrel and select fire lower receiver). Every good AR manufacturer follows these TDPs.

Colt's Barrel is 1x7 twist 4150 CMV Chrome lined, every barrel is MPI/HPT

DPMS is 1x9 twist 4140 CMV and not Chrome lined, they don't MPI/HPT their barrels.

That is just one of many examples..

DPMS is cheap for a reason.

I'm pretty sure you are mistaken.. DPMS is bottom of the barrel AR. I consider it Junk. Colt is what ever AR15 strives to be. Colt's developed the Army's Technical Data Package (TDP) for their M4s. Every Colt rifle colt produces follows the TDP.(well not the length of the barrel and select fire lower receiver). Every good AR manufacturer follows these TDPs.

DPMS is 1x9 twist 4140 CMV and not Chrome lined, they don't MPI/HPT their barrels.

+1

I'm pretty sure you are mistaken.. DPMS is bottom of the barrel AR. I consider it Junk. Colt is what ever AR15 strives to be. Colt's developed the Army's Technical Data Package (TDP) for their M4s. Every Colt rifle colt produces follows the TDP.(well not the length of the barrel and select fire lower receiver). Every good AR manufacturer follows these TDPs.

This ^

If you can find a 6920 which still sell at walmart when they get them in for a grand it is a great bargain

can i get a decent-to-good AR for a G?

in about 2-3 more month.

M&P15s and Armalite are pretty decent ARs, built pretty well, life time warranty. You should be able to get one of those close to 1g. But stay away from the M&P15 sports.

Best bang for your buck is one from Spikes. They are under a G but there is like a year wait.. lol

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-16-m4-le-carbine-p-387.html

I'm pretty sure you are mistaken.. DPMS is bottom of the barrel AR. I consider it Junk. Colt is what every AR15 strives to be. Colt developed the Army's Technical Data Package (TDP) for their M4s. Every Colt rifle colt produces follows the TDP.(well not the length of the barrel and select fire lower receiver). Every good AR manufacturer follows these TDPs.

I can't argue against the Colts details. However I feel for the money there are better choices out there. I'm a little bias I guess.