Plymouth Rock

wnaplay1647545503

Some may recognize this if you travel Broad st west of Pataskala. Bought it at a great price. Seen it for a long time and decided to finally stop and ask about it. I expected to be run off by a shotgun but couldnt have went better. Its a 1941 plymouth powerd by a 327. Top has been chopped 4". Replaced starter today and it fired right up. So far I have gutted the interior. Needs carb rebuilt and a few minor things and hopefully out for a test drive. It is very solid to my surprise considering it has sat for awhile. Front disc breaks, aluminum intake, headers and even a heater.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/dddddddddddddddd_zps2be11bca.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/ddddd_zpsbd424196.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/nnnnnnnnnnnn_zps2b3a32ad.jpg

Edited by wnaplay

The car runs. Carb was rebuilt and after replacing the starter she fired up and made it around the block. The ride is rough and I need to figure out what suspension parts need replaced to help fix this. Replaced the tranny pan gasket so its holding fluid now. Had to replace a few small gaskets that had worn out and hopefully after replacing valve pan gaskets it will finally hold all its fluids when running. Still not sure where to begin with this thing. All the door glass was shot so I took what was left of them out. Found a place to cut new glass now I have to make templates.

Made some progress over the last few days. Been hard with the kids on spring break and the car at my in laws. Found some broken intake bolts and one on the water pump. Replaced the intake gaskets, transmission pan gasket, water pump gaskets, did a tune up, oil change. I have the rear shocks off and hopefully new ones will be on tomorrow. The harmonic balancer is wobbling like crazy so I will replace it tomorrow as well. Found a few leaking hoses. Drove it on its maiden voyage around the block and it seems to run solid. I will start ripping out the rigged fuel tank and replace the trunk floor with either a premade pan ($200) or just a cheap piece of flat sheet steel. I plan on replacing the old fuel tank with a new fuel cell. After some research I found that the block is actually a 67-68 283 from a chevelle. I dont know what cam it has but its been upgraded with electronic ignition and newer style heads. Oh and the heater works so theres that.

I have been pleasantly surprised when working on this. I really figured after sitting I would run into alot of issues with rusted bolts, seized parts, frame issues. It is really solid. Theres alot of worn suspension parts and what was probably decent work for the time it was built that now needs redone but I couldnt be happier with what I have to start with.

I have been pleasantly surprised when working on this. I really figured after sitting I would run into alot of issues with rusted bolts, seized parts, frame issues. It is really solid. Theres alot of worn suspension parts and what was probably decent work for the time it was built that now needs redone but I couldnt be happier with what I have to start with.

I'd rather have a solid platform and replace worn suspension pieces...far easier, cheaper and much more rewarding once you throw a little bit of money at some rubber or poly bushings! :thumbup: