Electric Motorcycle Promises 150 MPH

Casper

No' date=' I'm afraid of looking like some Metrosexual on an electric bike.[/quote']

I'd rock one, and I'm DEFINITELY not metrosexual. Fuck, I dressed up as a hillbilly for Halloween and everyone asked why I didn't wear a costume. :(

I'd rock one, and I'm DEFINITELY not metrosexual. Fuck, I dressed up as a hillbilly for Halloween and everyone asked why I didn't wear a costume. :(

i reallly thought you just got off work late or something in the pics sorry dude.

any way the bike looks like a plastic toy. im not sure if i could rock it or not?

Haha' date=' I remember that post. I LOL'd a lot.

I'm not above riding one and the concept is cool but I'd miss the great sounds that erupt from a bike's exhaust. I guess I'm ok with electric cars because I'm not very passionate about them. My bikes are a different story.[/quote']

Just make "VRRROOOOOM" sounds like when you were a kid on your bicycle. :lol:

Maybe a baseball card in the spokes? :lol:

Mission Motors has just revealed its all-electric sport bike and the family-friendly version of our initial reaction goes something like, "Holy Mother of God and all that is good and decent!", followed immediately by the sound of our jaws hitting the floor. After a couple of years of staying almost perfectly in stealth mode, the Mission One is being unveiled today at the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) conference. The Yves Béhar-designed bike sets a new performance standard for electric two-wheelers with a top speed of 150 mph and an estimated range of 150 miles. Of course, the strength of an electric drivetrain is torque and the Mission One has 100 lb-ft of the stuff on offer from the first twist of the throttle up until 60 mph. When it makes its race debut at the TTXGP on June 12th, we suspect the other entries will be scrappin' it out for second place.

To bring this amazing machine to market, Forrest North and his two co-founders, Edward West and Mason Cabot, have assembled a real dream team with incredible depth and experience and whose resumés list companies like Tesla Motors, Ducati and Google. The first 50 bikes produced will be a special Limited Edition model delivered in 2010 bearing a $68,995 price tag, while a standard, more affordable Mission One model will be announced this summer. If the goal of this company was to create a paradigm-busting object of desire, then we say, "Mission accomplished". Mouth watering specs below and official press release after the break.

P O W E R T R A I N

Battery Pack High Energy Lithium-Ion with Integrated Safety

Motor Liquid-cooled, 3 phase AC Induction

Torque 100 lb-ft @ Zero RPM

Transmission Single speed, #525 O-ring chain

C H A S S I S

Front Suspension Ohlins, 43mm inverted fork, fully adjustable

Rear Suspension Ohlins, single schock w/piggyback reservoir

Front Brakes Brembo forged 4 piston calipers.

Rear Brakes Brembo, 220mm disc; single-piston caliper

Wheels/Tires/Front Marchesini forged Al 3.5"x17", 120/70Z

Wheels/Tires/Rear Marchesini forged Al 6.0"x17", 190/55

T A R G E T P E R F O R M A N C E

Top speed 150mph

Range 150 miles per charge (Est. under EPA drive cycle)

Recharge Under 2 hours @ 240V (8 hours @ 120V)

Features: Adjustable regenerative braking,

Intuitive/adjustable data acquisition system

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/04/mission-one-ev-sport-bike-unveiled-150-mph-150-mile-range/

So.... I read this awhile ago and my thoughts went something like this.

Hmmmm. Electric bike. What kind of silly thing do they have for us now........ <reads article> Holy shit 100ft-lbs of torque available from 0 to 6500 rpm Ohlins front and rear, forged marchesini's 150mph. This thing is gonna kill people.

http://www.ridemission.com/mission_model/model_glimpse.shtml

Balk at this thing all you want. It's bad assed whether you like it or not and I guarantee with these sort of specs it's sure to put the fear of god or at least some respect into the hearts of even liter bike owners. I don't think any of us know what 100ft-lbs of torque feels like when it's available from a stand still. For the record, I think metrosexuals should probably steer clear of this thing. It would rip their balls off.

Forgive me, I get a little excited about torque.

Edited by vw151

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/04/mission-one-ev-sport-bike-unveiled-150-mph-150-mile-range/

So.... I read this awhile ago and my thoughts went something like this.

Hmmmm. Electric bike. What kind of silly thing do they have for us now........ <reads article> Holy shit 100ft-lbs of torque available from 0 to 6500 rpm Ohlins front and rear, forged marchesini's 150mph. This thing is gonna kill people.

http://www.ridemission.com/mission_model/model_glimpse.shtml

Balk at this thing all you want. It's bad assed whether you like it or not.

it does SCREAM "loop me" pretty loudly...LOL

it does SCREAM "loop me" pretty loudly...LOL

LOL yah, the first 50 poor bastards to own one are going to end up on their heads in the middle of some intersection after trying to race their rich friend in a porsche or something.

150hp = 112 kW, where are you gonna hide all the batteries capable of supplying that?

I have started my 750 off of 4 "C" cell sized batter and they weight about 1/2lb.

They can discharge about 30C and they are rated at 2.4ah and 14.4V (4 cells) so about 1,036W max discharge