Impreza XT LOL

BigOxley

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18ip7yjl9am67jpg/original.jpg

looks the ghey, amirite? i'm probably going to buy one

Changed the title of the thread in light of the recent spy photo...

Edited by BigOxley

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it'll look like all the pics I'm seeing. However, damn near any derivative would have more flavor than the current WRX.

I think the hood is too high. (I get the new/notsonew pedestrian laws, etc, but you don't use such a low center powertrain and then build it up the sills and hood like an old 300C.

I don't think the scoop will exist. They took it away for a reason and unless having a scoop suddenly helps drag, then I doubt it'll be back.

Im also curious if that GTR styling touch on the front fenders will stay. Ford has a 4door Aston, now, so who knows.

All imho, of course. Like I said, who knows.

I hope they come with LED's on around the headlights that turn off when you signal.

That drives me bonkers for some reason. Every time a car is in my periphery vision, and the LED running lights turn off to signal, it catches my attention and distracts me. Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it. I really feel like they didn't put enough thought from an overall safety standpoint... I could see someone turning their head due to noitcing them how I notice them and getting in a wreck.

How about the rest of the pictures get posted so you can see something other than the side?

http://www.motorward.com/2013/03/subaru-wrx-concept-revealed-in-leaked-pictures/

yellow exhaust tips oh lawd

That drives me bonkers for some reason. Every time a car is in my periphery vision, and the LED running lights turn off to signal, it catches my attention and distracts me. Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it. I really feel like they didn't put enough thought from an overall safety standpoint... I could see someone turning their head due to noitcing them how I notice them and getting in a wreck.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111138&highlight=turn+signal

I'm waiting to see final production pic. I'm torn between buying a 13 now or waiting on the 14.

Well, I'm assuming the 14 will have higher performance... but probably higher cost, even if just a few hundred. You could probably get a 13 when the 14's come out for a little bit of a deal?

Will you need/want an AWD car since you won't be seeing snow in your new local? Sounds like a good opportunity to get a RWD year round car, and this is coming from someone who loves AWD cars.

Well, I'm assuming the 14 will have higher performance... but probably higher cost, even if just a few hundred. You could probably get a 13 when the 14's come out for a little bit of a deal?

Will you need/want an AWD car since you won't be seeing snow in your new local? Sounds like a good opportunity to get a RWD year round car, and this is coming from someone who loves AWD cars.

WRX is a lot of car for the money. What other new 4 door can you get under 30k that's as fun to drive?

lolwut

It's a turbo with an electric motor inside, used to spool it up on demand. This could allow you to use a larger turbo and be able to make boost at lower rpm. There's a company that's been pitching the idea for a few years that's run by John Colletti (sp?), former head of Ford SVT.

http://www.ecomotors.com/electrically-controlled-turbocharger-ect%E2%84%A2

WRX is a lot of car for the money. What other new 4 door can you get under 30k that's as fun to drive?

Golf R is just a little more thank 30k... but still AWD. Not that anyone is going to cross shop a Golf R to a WRX since it's more like STi/EVO terotiry for cost. It's the only thing that really jumped out at me from a 45 second search on Edmunds. Anything else fun in the price range of the WRX is wrong wheel drive. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with the GTI or MazdaSpeed 3, etc. They are all great cars, but I will pick the WRX every day of the week. Just trying to spur some other thoughts even if nothing is there, again you know how much I like WRXs, AWD cars, turbo cars.

The rear end of the car reminds me of a brz

It's a turbo with an electric motor inside, used to spool it up on demand. This could allow you to use a larger turbo and be able to make boost at lower rpm. There's a company that's been pitching the idea for a few years that's run by John Colletti (sp?), former head of Ford SVT.

http://www.ecomotors.com/electrically-controlled-turbocharger-ect%E2%84%A2

Are there electric motors able to spin enough rpms to be able to build boost? I know some turbos can spin up to 150,000+ rpms.

Are there electric motors able to spin enough rpms to be able to build boost? I know some turbos can spin up to 150,000+ rpms.

I would think the idea isn't really to build boost, but to do a 'prespool' (when you spike the throttle) to get it moving so the car can get into boost quicker/at a lower RPM. I know that link says 'Boost pressure can be created by the electric motor' but I would bet that's a little bit of market speak to make it sound good.

I would think the idea isn't really to build boost, but to do a 'prespool' (when you spike the throttle) to get it moving so the car can get into boost quicker/at a lower RPM. I know that link says 'Boost pressure can be created by the electric motor' but I would bet that's a little bit of market speak to make it sound good.

Thats what I was thinking, that the electric motor would be more of a booster motor. I would hate to see what a replacement turbo would cost if they went through with this idea. :no: