BMW Experts

Shmaa

And you'd be wrong. Sounds like you already know what you want. Just know that with ANY mod AT ALL you'll have to fight for any warranty work.

Don't get me wrong, the n54 is a great motor and BMW put it in a great car. But, it takes an enthusiast to live with the car's issues.

I get what you are trying to say and that is why it is a tough call. From the responses in here I have certainly learned more about the upsides and downfalls (which have me worried).

If I can help let me know since I'm at MAG Audi and I can go over to BMW to work a deal. It would be nice to learn more about the BMW store with a member.

Thanks. I will check out the inventory.

Forums blow things out of proportions when it comes to failures.

You get all of the enthusiasts and people that complain about all problems they have, the want to vent. But you never have the normal people that have nothing wrong rave about the car.

The M Coupe is suppose to have a VANOS failure that makes the engine go boom, yet the failure rate is lower than 1% where forums makes it seem like 50%

Forums blow things out of proportions when it comes to failures.

You get all of the enthusiasts and people that complain about all problems they have, the want to vent. But you never have the normal people that have nothing wrong rave about the car.

The M Coupe is suppose to have a VANOS failure that makes the engine go boom, yet the failure rate is lower than 1% where forums makes it seem like 50%

I agree with the forum phenomenon, but having BMW extend the warranty's on the hpfp and turbos adds a little validity.

I really want the 335 just don't want something that will break down on the wife too often.

Dad has an 08 535xi now has 140k on it. Has not had a single issue besides needing a new battery about 20k ago

That is impressive. Is there any difference in the drivetrain? Someone was telling me today that the 535 had a better reliability rating.

I agree with the forum phenomenon, but having BMW extend the warranty's on the hpfp and turbos adds a little validity.

I really want the 335 just don't want something that will break down on the wife too often.

Besides the HPFP the N52/54/55 block is solid.