B Dubs hates guns

copperhead

Can't eat my goddamn BW3s without muh gun, mybad. :marc:

Some people choose not to support a business based on how that business deals with certain things.

I won't support Chic Filla due to their anti-gay stance. Since I am a gun owner I mgiht choose not to eat at BW3 anymore, or maybe just get it as carryout because of their anti-gun stance.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people choose not to support a business based on how that business deals with certain things.

I won't support Chic Filla due to their anti-gay stance. Since I am a gun owner I mgiht choose not to eat at BW3 anymore, or maybe just get it as carryout because of their anti-gun stance.

You've got a valid point, and that's your choice to do so. Bitching and moaning about a personal choice or lifestyle you make is another thing.

I'm just gonna say flat out, OP is a faggot for twisting a stupid/scared server into "bdubs hates guns"

Surprised i didnt find "Occupation : Fox News Corp" under his screen name, because it was that shitty of an attempt to twist things to fit your view.

+1 and I have my CCW. I rarely carry.

This. I have mine in the car at all times, and usually take it with me, but im not having a panic attack if i dont.

And shit, come to think of it, mine is gonna need to be renewed SOON. Like 4/30. fuck

• Downvote 1

I really don't think anywhere close to even 50% (and I'm afraid this is being generous) of CCW holders that carry would be able to hit the target in the heat of the moment. Between focusing enough to get it out of the holster quickly, taking the safety off, loading the chamber, and not just taking the shot, but making the first shot effective because that may be the only shot you have.

You can run a dry practice all you want, but no telling until you get a real adrenaline rush from seeing a weapon pointed at you or someone else.

• Downvote 1

+1 and I have my CCW. I rarely carry.

Watch this

Video is one-sided.

Guns given to people with gloves, oversized shirts and no training what-so ever.

There are people who get this CHL, and do nothing else. There are also people who get their CHL, and continue for further training to master it. Big difference.

There are multiple courses around Ohio that teach advance handgun training. Commence Fire is one of them up here in NEO, but there is also TDI which is awesome. Both teach to how to fire under stress, movement, and from a holster.

No range can offer you that.

What I'm saying, is that there are plenty of people that go beyond just being able to handle a gun, so please do not generalize the whole CHL population with a 1-sided video.

I personally participate in a little group up here that run IDPA practices/drills. It isn't IDPA, but it utilizes the same targets, hit score, and timers. They set it up for self defense situations, where you have limited target area available, limited ammunition, reloading, off-hand shooting, shooting on the move lef/right forward/backward...etc. Every drill is from your holster, so you need to draw and engage.

Anyways, at first I sucked at hitting targets effectively. But now after practicing more and more...you get a lot better at it.

As well, Geeesammy, you don't know much about CHL do you? I carry with no safety, one in the chamber....aka condition 0.

I really don't think anywhere close to even 50% (and I'm afraid this is being generous) of CCW holders that carry would be able to hit the target in the heat of the moment. Between focusing enough to get it out of the holster quickly, taking the safety off, loading the chamber, and not just taking the shot, but making the first shot effective because that may be the only shot you have.

You can run a dry practice all you want, but no telling until you get a real adrenaline rush from seeing a weapon pointed at you or someone else.

If you don't have a round chambered you're carrying wrong. Both parties in this situation or going to have high adrenaline as well, practicing is what helps you overcome the adrenaline rush when it hits you. If me or someone I know directly isn't being assaulted, I expect that person to handle their own business, I'm not going to play hero. If my attacker isn't within 5 ft, I'm not in a situation requiring me to use my firearm.

I won't spend money at BDubs because they are anti gun. I won't bank with BOA because they are anti gun. Companies like this do donate to like minded political groups and that's not something I want to support.

I've also never seen a sign outside of any building telling me not to carry unless it's a government building either, so I'm always carrying.

If you don't have a round chambered you're carrying wrong. Both parties in this situation or going to have high adrenaline as well, practicing is what helps you overcome the adrenaline rush when it hits you. If me or someone I know directly isn't being assaulted, I expect that person to handle their own business, I'm not going to play hero. If my attacker isn't within 5 ft, I'm not in a situation requiring me to use my firearm.

I won't spend money at BDubs because they are anti gun. I won't bank with BOA because they are anti gun. Companies like this do donate to like minded political groups and that's not something I want to support.

I've also never seen a sign outside of any building telling me not to carry unless it's a government building either, so I'm always carrying.

*golf clap*

As well, Geeesammy, you don't know much about CHL do you? I carry with no safety, one in the chamber....aka condition 0.

You're correct I don't. But what I do know is that it doesn't take someone with a Doctorate to figure out people are going to react differently under pressure.

And to be frank, most the people I know personally (I'll throw this disclaimer in so it doesn't get taken as I'm saying everyone who has a CCW and carries is this description, since if I didn't I'm sure my words would get twisted and warped into me saying every CCW holder is) is the type that brags consistently about having a CCW. But in reality I wouldn't trust that person to even hit the assailant IF they even pulled their gun and got off a few rounds. Again, to be clear, these are just the folks that I personally know.

You're correct I don't. But what I do know is that it doesn't take someone with a Doctorate to figure out people are going to react differently under pressure.

And to be frank, most the people I know personally (I'll throw this disclaimer in so it doesn't get taken as I'm saying everyone who has a CCW and carries is this description, since if I didn't I'm sure my words would get twisted and warped into me saying every CCW holder is) is the type that brags consistently about having a CCW. But in reality I wouldn't trust that person to even hit the assailant IF they even pulled their gun and got off a few rounds. Again, to be clear, these are just the folks that I personally know.

You should really evaluate who you hang out with then, because they are going to put you in a bad spot.

You should really evaluate who you hang out with then, because they are going to put you in a bad spot.

I don't really associate with them anymore. And the times I do find myself in their presence it usually isn't planned. Somehow it seems they always find a way to find me somewhere.

It sounds like your opinion is skewed based off of the people you surround yourself with. It's like you said, everyone will react differently but, you should have an idea of what you're going to do before the situation ever arises. This wouldn't be the first time you've ever been put in a fight or flight situation. What have you done in the past in less life threatening situations? Personally, I think you should have a pretty good handle on how you would react to various situations before you're even put into it. It's part of being a responsible CCW holder.

Why does anybody care why someone will or will not patronize a (insert place) because of whatever reason? If the answer is "the (insert product/service) is so good, it is worth setting aside your ideological differences for", I could at least entertain that, but all I am reading is presumptuous, character-profiling.

I carry a firearm almost everywhere I go that won't get me arrested or fired. Of course I respect the rights of business owners, private property and what have you, if you do not wish to have non law-enforcement armed, I will decide which I prefer, carrying or whatever you're offering. I will almost always prefer to be armed, and that's my worldview, and right.

As to the entirely hypothetical, wholly subjective, and therefore pointless, exercise in "how one would react" in a high-stress defensive situation, there are so many variables, a sweeping generalization is sorely inadequate on both sides. One must accept that there are more possible outcomes than "scaredy person does nothing and helps no one" and "hero person saves everyone and therefore proves everyone should carry" (of course both of those scenarios are assigning a responsibility to the carrier that 1. he doesn't have, and 2. he shouldn't walk around thinking he has).

Video is one-sided.

Guns given to people with gloves, oversized shirts and no training what-so ever.

Aleast two of them were familiar with weapons. One even had hundreds of hours under his belt handling weapons and proper training. In fact, he was the one who did absolutely zero to help the situation he was faced with in the simulation. You're right, one-sided, completely. :rolleyes:

I personally participate in a little group up here that run IDPA practices/drills. It isn't IDPA, but it utilizes the same targets, hit score, and timers. They set it up for self defense situations, where you have limited target area available, limited ammunition, reloading, off-hand shooting, shooting on the move lef/right forward/backward...etc. Every drill is from your holster, so you need to draw and engage.

Sorry, you're right, again. A VERY SMALL FRACTION of CCW holders participate in further training for high stress scenarios. Didn't mean to lump you into the majority of CCW holders.

Lol this thread. :dumb:

Andrew you are right most people are not trained LEO's or Military, etc. people who even in the heat of a stressful situation after hundreds even thousands of hours of training still can fail. But the point is CHL holders choose to protect themselves the best they can. Point to notice in the video posted...

The girl next to no experience with firearms except the hour or so of training before hand. She managed to take down the shooter. Was it a well placed shot, no but she wounded him to the point that the people would be able to get away. Did she create a target for herself and get wounded/killed herself, yes. But the guy stormed in through the door and started shooting. She likely would have died even if she wasn't armed.

To CHL holders if you don't already, practice, practice, practice. Shooting and unholstering your weapon, and anything else you can do to prepare your self. But the truth is no one can ever be to prepared. But owning and carrying a firearm gives CHL holders an edge above those who do not.

I would much rather take my chances with a pistol at my side than unarmed completely.

God forbid you can't carry a fucking gun somewhere. What's someone going to do, steal your fries?

we have had a shooting in our bw's parking lot here. i mean if you can predict with 100 percent accuracy where bad shit will happen you are most likely in the wrong job whatever your doing.

we have had a shooting in our bw's parking lot here. i mean if you can predict with 100 percent accuracy where bad shit will happen you are most likely in the wrong job whatever your doing.

I actually own a crystal ball and currently there are no establishments that keep me from carrying it 24/7.