Gun for Wife...

Diamonds

she says she wants to entertain the idea of shooting.... so I don't want to get something that I will dislike if she decides its not for her (something with a large enough grip for my big hands but small enough caliber so that massive recoil doesn't irritate her). Thinking of something like a Walther P22? I deff. do not want something like an LCP.... too much kick for her initially.

Thoughts? Suggestions? My largest concern is to minimize recoil until she gets comfortable shooting guns.

Maybe I should just take her to blackwing and rent her a couple guns?

she says she wants to entertain the idea of shooting.... so I don't want to get something that I will dislike if she decides its not for her (something with a large enough grip for my big hands but small enough caliber so that massive recoil doesn't irritate her). Thinking of something like a Walther P22? I deff. do not want something like an LCP.... too much kick for her initially.

Thoughts? Suggestions? My largest concern is to minimize recoil until she gets comfortable shooting guns.

Maybe I should just take her to blackwing and rent her a couple guns?

Not trying to push my sale or anything but the glock 22c I have for sale is compensated and recoil is very very light for a .40 cal. Plus nice grip for bigger hands.

Go to Ohio valley and let her shoot multiple guns.

This.

Also, my wife HATED the .380 I initially bought her and ended up getting a S&W .38 spl bodyguard. Loves it and we can both shoost it with no prob. She has tiny hands (4.5 ring size) and mine are pretty big (12 ring size). Plenty of power and minimal kick. I've shot it for a decent amount of times with minimal discomfort.

As stated though, let her shoot a few first to find what works for her. Not what works for anyone else's wife/girlfriend.

Had a walther p22 for the wife before, she liked it a lot, but its not going to do much for her if she actually needs to use it for protection. Great for the range though (ie cheap)

She claims she wants a revolver, but I don't know anything about them, never had one. Was looking at an XD or sig 9mm compact, might need to go rent a bunch for her too.

You could guess and maybe get it right but why? Take her to Blackwing and let her pick. You could invest $100 in renting/ammo and at the end of the day walk away with something she is comfortable with and likes.

I dont think many people take enough advantage of the fact that you can go and try guns out before you just guess whether you will like it or not.