Real Street fight night @ NTR

TheMustangStampede

Hey worked with new management to get something new to the line-up. Please come out to the track on April 27th and June 28th and show some support for some street style drag racing.

Depends on how these two dates go as to how they move forward, like adding more classes and what not. I wanted more classes like 11.5 and some kind of top street class maybe next year, we did talk about a rule change. I was told be new manager that the NHRA is now allowing 2008+ run 11.00 without a cage since, there are quite a few cars that can be bought new, slap a tire on and break 11.5

If you hit the street looking for race action on Saturday night come to the track for racing action and a car show.

http://www.nationaltrailraceway.com/apcm/templates/news.asp?articleid=54288&zoneid=23

Be sure to stop by their Facebook and like the event.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Trail-Raceway/336451029731?ref=ts&fref=ts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the support is there, and they add some more classes.

The plan from what he told me is to use the ET throwdown for those running close ET's under 12.0. they take closely matched car call them up for winner take all.

how you feeling now? everything go good?

Closed exhaust only by the way.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Schoenfeld/649/63030/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710812986&catargetid=1784155608&&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CKat3Zz5sLYCFQTqnAodmysAsA

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/600/649/649-63030_1.jpg

Thats okay because this counts as closed exhaust, even when all you have is this over the end of your collector.

I like the idea but the fastest et class they have is 12.00. They need 1 more class somewhere in the 11s.

Oh, I agree, but when I met with track they were very unsure of doing it at all.

The main idea is to ensure the cars are street cars. They will probably add a 11sec class next year, or perhaps a 11.5 and a 11.0.

Time will tell, like wagner said it's a start and that's all I asked for. We show the support and this will be a growing process for this segment.

I would like to see something like Thursday night lights style format, ran every week at NTR all summer long.

Oh, I agree, but when I met with track they were very unsure of doing it at all.

The main idea is to ensure the cars are street cars. They will probably add a 11sec class next year, or perhaps a 11.5 and a 11.0.

Time will tell, like wagner said it's a start and that's all I asked for. We show the support and this will be a growing process for this segment.

I would like to see something like Thursday night lights style format, ran every week at NTR all summer long.

To be blunt the only way they are going to improve car counts is to improve track prep.

To be blunt the only way they are going to improve car counts is to improve track prep.

Best part about this comment is that every time I was at NTR, OP would go to the tower and complain about the shitty track prep and the way the lanes were run. They did not care one bit. Hopefully the new guy is open to suggestions.

New manager is willing to listen, this all started from an 1.5 meeting I had with him one on one after I left work one day I stopped by after a phone calls with DIV 3chief then a call from New manager, we had a meeting date and time set.

Hopefully we get some good turnout's and the street night with payouts/car shows/ and some grudge call outs grows into something to look forward to, instead of busted ass half effort TnT nights

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they do a better job of basically everything and it brings people back. As much as I have gotten annoyed over the years with the way it was run, I was still there racing. Track is too close to shut down. I get the feeling that it will take one good day of prep and racing to get word back out about it, so we shall see.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they do a better job of basically everything and it brings people back. As much as I have gotten annoyed over the years with the way it was run, I was still there racing. Track is too close to shut down. I get the feeling that it will take one good day of prep and racing to get word back out about it, so we shall see.

I agree. To run a track is really not that hard, you just have to put the time in and keep in mind you are there for the racers.