16-Bit Bar + Arcade

zeitgeist57

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went there last week after work. They were very packed. The crowd was mostly business casual and looked like they just left work like me. There was a few well dressed women here and there. The games were almost all full. I had to hover behind a few like a fucking nerd to play a few. Most of the cabinets have a piece of wood to exist as a table for your beer. You could fit 2 glasses on them such a great idea. Much better then resting your drink on top of the arcade cabinet.

Warning there is almost always a line to use the Men's bathroom. This has never happened to me in any public place in my life. WTF?

The games...

Spy hunter was out of order those bastards.

Kung-fu Master was hard I couldn't beat the first boss.

Original tron was awesome.

Burger time only let me make it to level 2. There is never enough pepper spray.

I beat everyone in street fighter 2 and turbo even a few strangers.

Mortal kombat 1 was just like I remembered and I beat everyone.

I played super off road one handed with a beer in my other hand.

NBA Jam was the most challenging. 2 of my friend were playing on one team and it was the CPU and I vs them. I was winning by at least 20 until the 3rd quarter when one of my douche bag friends clicks the start button for the 4th controller. So I am stuck playing 2 different sets of buttons. We made it to overtime and I lost by 1 point.

This was great way to spend 2 hours. I would go again even if it was packed.

Was just there for the first time...

I had to take daughter to Children's Theater, had an hour to kill downtown. Saw that 16-Bit opened at noon :)

I was pleasantly surprised: for $3, I get a can of Bud Light but I got to plAy TMNT, Tapper, Elevator Action, and Final Fight. Surprising number of people there as well on a Saturday noon-time. The Service was very nice, and they have very clever drinks and "themes" for every day of the week. I also liked that on Monday, they are open at 7am for Bloody Mary's.

Tapper and Elevator Action were a little worn in the sticks and buttons; I'd care if I plunked a quarter to play :) The entire experience was great: it really did remind me of my childhood. Great to see so many cool games from the past and the atmosphere was fun and friendly.

9/10. Buncha downtown hipsters but whatevz. Will definitely go again! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Props to my friend Rick (LT1Rick) for participating in my weekly 1hr 16-Bit excursion after CC&C. :thumbup:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=693&pictureid=7333

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=693&pictureid=7332

1) Drink Bell's Two Hearted.

2) Own that bitch Tony Stewart at his own game.

3) Realize after a couple of rounds of beer that we can't mod our trucks any further.

4) Plot plans against "Ironman" at every race. Go for broke, T-bone him at every chance.

5) Laugh and enjoy life.

6) Ask 16-bit if Tony Stewart dollhairs are transferable to the real-world, to be used to purchase said game.

7) Try not to look surprised when they say "No." :)

I really like this bar. I've been three times a Tuesday, a Thursday, and a Saturday. It's generaly busy, lots of different kinds of people and some good looking girls. I've never waited in line and the bar tenders are quick. Sometimes you can't always play the games you want but I usually just ask if that person wants to play two player or I play whatever is open and keep walking around eventually you get to play them all.

The hot dog place right next door is fucking delicious too.

I really like this bar. I've been three times a Tuesday, a Thursday, and a Saturday. It's generaly busy, lots of different kinds of people and some good looking girls. I've never waited in line and the bar tenders are quick. Sometimes you can't always play the games you want but I usually just ask if that person wants to play two player or I play whatever is open and keep walking around eventually you get to play them all.

The hot dog place right next door is fucking delicious too.

Dirty Franks is gonna be a destination for a looooong time.

I've been to 16bit, it's great. If people can't stand being that close to hipsters, what the fuck are you doing living in Columbus in the first place.

Props to my friend Rick (LT1Rick) for participating in my weekly 1hr 16-Bit excursion after CC&C. :thumbup:

3) Realize after a couple of rounds of beer that we can't mod our trucks any further.

4) Plot plans against "Ironman" at every race. Go for broke, T-bone him at every chance.

5) Laugh and enjoy life.

6) Ask 16-bit if Tony Stewart dollhairs are transferable to the real-world, to be used to purchase said game.

AHHH!!! I freaking LOVED that game!!!!

Jeans so tight the average sperm count was 13.

DID'JA DO A TASTE TEST???

AHHH!!! I freaking LOVED that game!!!!

DJ, it is every bit as fun as you remember. For my cheap-ass, it's amazing how fun these arcade games are when I don't have a quarter on the line! Rick and I had a blast the whole time.

Waitresses aren't dumb, either: Ours waited until I was:

1) Right in the middle of a race

2) 1/3 done with my beer

3) laughing at the game

...and she quickly slid up and was all like "Would you like another beer?"

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/4209016+_9dff3e935d12cde82265043c58683987.jpg

ME: "Isn't it a little early for that?"

WAITRESS: "What...for another beer?"

ME: No! FOR STUPID QUESTIONS...of COURSE I want another beer! :lol:

If the line is too long to get in and you don't feel like hot dogs, the 2 places up the street, Little Palace, and El Camino Inn, are good. Don't get the food at El Camino, but the poutine at Little Palace is fucking amazing. And they make a delicious Moscow Mule, better than The Pearl's.

5) Laugh and enjoy life.

this game was epic.. some one find this online so I can play it