16-Bit Bar + Arcade

zeitgeist57

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They turned a bar in the Coventry Rd. area of Cleveland Heights into something just like this. I've only been once but it was packed full on a Friday night. They also had a big projector playing Big Lebowski when I was there. Hopefully the one in Columbus will be just as cool

• 2 weeks later...

Moar pics. Lovin' their spread of games. I'll definitely coordinate a CR get-together at this place later this year when the weather turns to shite.

Curious how the policy goes for free arcades? Meaning, if I had a stack of quarters and was bent on getting through all 126 cities in Rampage, it's a given that I play 'til I'm out of quarters. How do you call "NEXT" if someone is playing a game and wants to continue???

http://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-16-bit-bararcade

looks like some cool games in there....spent a lot of money on that shit back when I was a kid. There used to be an older black and white game called Stunt Cycle. I played the shit out of that thing. Off road used to also be one of my favorites.

I'm so anxious for this to open. I'm always complainging that we don't haev and good arcades in columbus ohio. My only concern is the whole freepay aspect. I'd honestly prefer to just pay for an hour or X amount of credits VS free play.

I'm so anxious for this to open. I'm always complainging that we don't haev and good arcades in columbus ohio. My only concern is the whole freepay aspect. I'd honestly prefer to just pay for an hour or X amount of credits VS free play.

I suspect at this point they're just building the anticipation. Its a good business tactic honestly. Its going to be packed as faurrk for the first few weeks/months until it dies down, but after that part of me thinks it will become a bar with arcade games instead of an arcade with alcohol.

• 2 weeks later...