Go for broke time!!

Forrest Gump 9

If i were gonna trade gold, I'd treat it like any other commodity and it does look like a reasonably good buy in time if your shorter term, maybe sell towards August or something.

But that isn't my style so I don't touch it.

On the whole "gold for the SHTF" situation I see it like this. If things to go SHTF and some guy approaches me trying to barter gold for something I have or service I could provide I'm gonna kill them and see what else they might have of value. That is if I get to them first anyway.

On the whole "gold for the SHTF" situation I see it like this. If things to go SHTF and some guy approaches me trying to barter gold for something I have or service I could provide I'm gonna kill them and see what else they might have of value. That is if I get to them first anyway.

I agree with this completely, lol. I've been thinking mining companies might end up being a good purchase for those not wanting to get directly into gold.

I agree with this completely, lol. I've been thinking mining companies might end up being a good purchase for those not wanting to get directly into gold.

I actually watch (AUY) Yamana Mining as an indicator for gold and have traded the stock in the past. Summer is coming up so volume will go down after the June-July profit taking.

That's also assuming you have the abilities to.

Anyway, gold would STILL be great for bartering, but I'd go with silver at this point in time. Another commodity to think about for SHTF bartering is cheap liquor. I mean plastic bottle cheap. Popov and the likes. Many uses and will be worth it's weight.

Anyway, gold would STILL be great for bartering, but I'd go with silver at this point in time. Another commodity to think about for SHTF bartering is cheap liquor. I mean plastic bottle cheap. Popov and the likes. Many uses and will be worth it's weight.

Now your talking, that won't get you much attention and you can find out who has the gold and take them out.

Remember this is SHTF anything of value is going to put you in a life or death situation with anyone you come into contact with so its better to look worthless. Its not going to be a rosy game of WoW, especially at first. There will be millions starving to death and ready to do anything to survive once they realize there will be no help coming, but by then it will have already been to late for the weak and nice.

I have this lame brain idea to buy 2013 American Eagle One Ounce Gold Proof Coins @1800, then send them to NGC and get them graded for another $30 per coin (being new proofs they will grade at 70) and then selling them. The 2012 series coin NGC graded at a 70 tend to bring around $2600.

Someone talk me out of this....

I have this lame brain idea to buy 2013 American Eagle One Ounce Gold Proof Coins @1800, then send them to NGC and get them graded for another $30 per coin (being new proofs they will grade at 70) and then selling them. The 2012 series coin NGC graded at a 70 tend to bring around $2600.

Someone talk me out of this....

If its that easy, do it. Though if it were it wouldn't work very long.

If its that easy, do it. Though if it were it wouldn't work very long.

That's the thing, I haven't ever done it. But from the outside looking in,... it seems that easy. I feel like I have to be missing something though. Logical thinking says it can't be that easy or everyone would do it.

Lol, I was more looking for someone who actually gets coins graded, and resells them would offer some more insight.

I have done this. Sometimes it's a great idea :)

Remember the span of getting your coin, sending it out, and getting it back from grading can be a few months.

If gold is $8xx/oz when you get the coin back, well, that's when it wasn't such a great idea.

If you have the capital to sit on it in a worst case scenario, you can't go wrong.